Migrating hosting

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
The devil is in the details...  
Maybe it is a budget issue. :-)

Ron
8 years ago
groundzero2010 wrote:
I'm using a trial hosting so I don't have a domain tied to the account. They've given me a tempurl. It just makes absolutely no sense as to whats going on.

Stock NOP
Created stock DB
-Site is working
Restored old DB to new DB
-Site continued to work fine
moved working files into subfolder and copied all files from old site over to root
-Site is broken
moved all old site files to a subfolder and copied back working stock nop files to root
-Site broken still
restored stock nop db which was working previously over
-Site still broken even after everything should be back to where it was @ "-Site is working"

PS. I'm sure you'd have everything going but unfortunately for me, your hosting is out of my budget. :(

Which files from the project are you referring to here?  Strictly stuff from the themes folder, or have you made changes to the source directly?
8 years ago
Very minor items have been changed which is mainly in the Themes folder. I have added some links for Livezilla chat, google analytics, and paypal logos. Simple stuff really.  favicons for browser and mobile devices.

My initial playground had a temp url of

http://groundzero2010-001-site1.btempurl.com/

I created a second playground with this temp url

http://sitelogin-001-site1.btempurl.com/

Between messing with both of these sites for testing, I got the second site to work other than anything that has to do with SSL isn't working. I'm sure I could change something in the store settings through SQL to turn off SSL features.

It just boggles my mind why it didn't work initially. I'm thinking of copying everything from the second site over to the first to see if it works there as well.
8 years ago
"I'm sure I could change something in the store settings through SQL to turn off SSL features. "

Yes, there is a Force SSL option under the General Settings/Security admin area.

If you are inside the database from webconnect, it's the Setting table, and it's named: securitysettings.forcesslforallpages

**EDIT**

Also, I believe it is recommended to leave the default theme intact.  If you are going to make a new theme with default clean as a base, copy the contents including whatever views you want to update into a new folder, and work from there.  (You do need to modify the theme.config file).
8 years ago
DannyO wrote:
"I'm sure I could change something in the store settings through SQL to turn off SSL features. "

Yes, there is a Force SSL option under the General Settings/Security admin area.

If you are inside the database from webconnect, it's the Setting table, and it's named: securitysettings.forcesslforallpages

**EDIT**

Also, I believe it is recommended to leave the default theme intact.  If you are going to make a new theme with default clean as a base, copy the contents including whatever views you want to update into a new folder, and work from there.  (You do need to modify the theme.config file).

I'll do as suggested with the new theme. Think I'll go ahead and start the actual migration since the testing is now working. Thanks for all the help. Will keep posted.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.