Arvixe Hosting Alternatives?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
Hey buddies,
Arvixe has improved so lot in terms of VPS hosting in the past years. i strongly recommend you to try it again. do apply arvixe discount coupon to get quality web hosting at cheapest price ;)
8 years ago
I just got a reply from my "open" ticket from 2 weeks ago yesterday. How is it improved?
8 years ago
BrickHunters wrote:
I just got a reply from my "open" ticket from 2 weeks ago yesterday. How is it improved?

Hello,

I sincerely apologize for the delayed response to your ticket. I'd love to look into this for you, can you please provide me with the ticket ID in question?

Thanks!
8 years ago
Hi all,

if you consider SmarterASP and you are in Europe, like me, it will not do you any good because they reboot their IIS servers around 04:00AM  (UTC-8H). Which means that happens at mid day in Europe. And if you have shared hosting or a Semi-Dedicated, this is not tweakable. Furthermore they do not announce the exact Ram you get with their semi dedicated plans.
I am not that happy with SmarterASP. I am thinking of moving away from them.

cheers
8 years ago
I am also having trouble with Arvixe. 5 days now My site has been down. I've even discovered why; their Hades.Arvixe.com DNS server has the wrong IP address for my site. I've given them the answer and still no one replies.
When I did a live chat with them, I was told their tools were down and they could not help me util they were back up. Call back in an hour. Now the live chat is dead.
8 years ago
Another Arvixe refugee here :-x

So I'm thinking to move to SmarterASP as it is being well recommended in this forum lately.
Can someone of you guys share with us (or PM me) the URL of any Nopcommerce site hosted there and specify which plan are you/they using?

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Silverio
7 years ago
Hi all,

Thanks for suggesting some hosting alternatives, following up on these.

Interesting in testing how well the nopCommerce sites work on the various different hosting platforms as we want to move away our current provider ASAP.

Are people still using SmarterASP.NET (repeated a lot on here) if so can you give me the URL of your site so we could look at it?  

Be good to know if things have changed since the last post on this and what solutions users have if they are based in Europe.

Thanks in advance.

Soon to be ex. Arvixe customer.
7 years ago
Hey there,

I think I can be of assistance to you in that question!

We moved from Arvixe to SmarterASP. I can say that we are more than happy that we did. The website uptime has never been better. The speed is incredible (using cloudflare CDN, which is really easy to use on SmarterASP) and the support is just amazing.

The people helped us with the website migration and everything they offer is transparent. First line support chat answers in seconds. Tickets don't take longer than a few hours.

I would really suggest giving SmarterASP a try. It is a good company and not so expensive.

Kind regards,
Jef

EDIT: our url is http://www.brickhunters.be
7 years ago
Thanks Jef.  

The system uptime and performance sounds good.

The waiting time of support is equally impressive if not more so.
Can I ask - is the support outsourced?  Do they speak English as their first language?  I think that's key for us - understanding the issue, turning around issues faster, just plain communicating with us and understanding our business needs.

Support with our current provider (unfortunately) are quick to scapegoat, delay things because they don't understand (all the technical expertise are based in Texas and issues happen outside of office hours), do this odd thing after 5-6 tickets into an issue they start asking for our support code.  Like a hacker would report a server down via the support channels (logged in) and needed it to be back up urgently!  Bizarre.

I think I started to rant there.  Apologies.  And breath. 1-2-3... Ah...
7 years ago
Will.i.am wrote:
Thanks Jef.  

The system uptime and performance sounds good.

The waiting time of support is equally impressive if not more so.
Can I ask - is the support outsourced?  Do they speak English as their first language?  I think that's key for us - understanding the issue, turning around issues faster, just plain communicating with us and understanding our business needs.

Support with our current provider (unfortunately) are quick to scapegoat, delay things because they don't understand (all the technical expertise are based in Texas and issues happen outside of office hours), do this odd thing after 5-6 tickets into an issue they start asking for our support code.  Like a hacker would report a server down via the support channels (logged in) and needed it to be back up urgently!  Bizarre.

I think I started to rant there.  Apologies.  And breath. 1-2-3... Ah...

Hi there,

So far I had no trouble with understanding their support department and vice-versa. We had only 5 tickets so far (which is good right?) and the majority of these tickets were not over-the-top technical issues. If questions get too difficult the first line support immediately asks you to open up a ticket.

Imho you should at least give it a try on their 60 day trial, see how it goes. :)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.