Let's discuss the upcoming integration of nopCommerce and Umbraco

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
joao.pais wrote:

I would like to know if this integration with Umbraco is still planned to be lauched on next nopCommerce release.

I read whole thread but i didn't get answer for how to integrate latest nopCommerce with latest umbraco.

Any fix date for new nopCommerce release to integration with Umbraco or any plugin of Umbraco for same.

Thank You
Praful
7 years ago
how to integrate umbraco to nopcommerce new version ?
7 years ago
Any news on this?
7 years ago
Tecnofin wrote:
Any news on this?

Bump
7 years ago
Hi Eduardo,

We postoned this integration some time ago. But now we're almost ready to resume it. We've almost finished discussion of it with one of our solution partners that will participate in its development. I'll post some details a little bit later
7 years ago
Thank you Andrei
7 years ago
I am really interested to see how an integration would work.  Everytime I see a response to this post, I try to wrap my brain how a fluid integration would work and just the structure and architecture would tie into it.  

I definitely thing that NopCommerce could be a subsection (package) of Umbraco (themed like the Umbraco backend) and probably have to be a different DB or set of tables for Nop, maybe just expose the main parts of Nop in Umbraco like Customers, Product configuration, orders, payment config, etc., but then let a DocType or a Macro in Umbraco have access to exposed NopCommerce services so that Umbraco could handle the Category building, page templates, content and media management, and exposed properties to the Umbraco backend.  

NopCommerce would do the heavy lifting of the store portion, Umbraco could be the skin and content.

Lots of ideas, but it really needs to be done right, because right now, Umbraco has a few good solutions, but they are not as flexible as Nop is and cost quite a bit (which is understandable if that is your product you developed).

Wordpress has WooCommerce, Umbraco has a few but not as flexible, I am sure there are others, but for a .NET solution, I put NopCommerce and Umbraco at the top of the list for CMS and eCommerce solutions.
7 years ago
cmosqueda wrote:
I am really interested to see how an integration would work...

Please see this post
7 years ago
cmosqueda wrote:

1) NopCommerce would do the heavy lifting of the store portion, Umbraco could be the skin and content.
2) I put NopCommerce and Umbraco at the top of the list for CMS and eCommerce solutions.

1) For what I have read in this topic, you have summarized it very well
2) I agree!
7 years ago
Umbraco integration would be really really good.

I have one site running on umbraco. With so less resources it runs blazingly and amazingly fast. Umbraco uses cache and does many things really good. NopCommerce is the best ecommerce framework and umbraco the best cms.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.