www.cargear.com

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Thanks for your quick answer.
The slideshow is just great.

Take care!

Regards from Colombia.

Luis Fernando.
13 years ago
The parts by application that you have on the right side of the screen.  I see that on so many sites how do you get all that information?
13 years ago
fickendichdu wrote:
The parts by application that you have on the right side of the screen.  I see that on so many sites how do you get all that information?

Hi fickendichdu,
there are companies that sell this database, in our situation they are provided by the product suppliers. So what we have is not a complete year/make/model database but it's more of one that works with the products that we have to offer on the web site.

I have been looking for an open source year/make/model database that is complete, but haven't yet found one for myself...so if you come across one. Please let me know.

thanks,
Jerry
13 years ago
How many parts are in your catalog, I have to make the make/model module, that seems easy adding the 9000+ parts into those categories NIGHTMARE I may never wake up from.
13 years ago
bhiers wrote:
How many parts are in your catalog, I have to make the make/model module, that seems easy adding the 9000+ parts into those categories NIGHTMARE I may never wake up from.

We have close to 10K parts...had to write a custom import program to handle the data import and the application data for the year/make/model.

Will be adding another 3000 skus soon!
13 years ago
I feel for ya..
13 years ago
Hi,

I am creating an auto parts site and I want to have a vehicle year, make, and model search feature just like the one you have on your site. Do you have any tips on how to get started? I understand it was completely custom and you had to add separate tables. But what else did you do to implement this feature?
13 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
Hi,

I am creating an auto parts site and I want to have a vehicle year, make, and model search feature just like the one you have on your site. Do you have any tips on how to get started? I understand it was completely custom and you had to add separate tables. But what else did you do to implement this feature?

Hi,
Honestly, i think the YMM that I built is not the most efficient, I am actually in the process of re-evaluating how to do this better.  The way that I had built this was that I started by looking at all the products data that I have, as each item would have a fitment data for the year/make/model, and essentially I build my table off of the fitment data, this way whatever year/make/model an user searches for, something would always  come up...however, this makes the table quite in-efficient.

Hope this helps.
13 years ago
well done!  very professional.
13 years ago
Looks very good.
What was your technique for personalizing the site,
Visual Studio? Dreamweaver ?  or >>>

thanks
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.