ENHANCEMENT: Product Discontinued checkbox and message

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
Some enhancements to the existing Discontinued Products feature:

Differentiate between Discontinued and Unpublished
  - Unpublished means not visible to customers or search engines
  - Discontinued (new checkbox) means visible to customers with the no longer available message

We unpublish and publish test products for testing Payment Methods and don't want those test products indexed by search engines such as Google and Bing :)
7 years ago
breakskater wrote:
Some enhancements to the existing Discontinued Products feature:

Differentiate between Discontinued and Unpublished
  - Unpublished means not visible to customers or search engines
  - Discontinued (new checkbox) means visible to customers with the no longer available message

Agreed, the addition of the Allow viewing of unpublished product details page setting in 3.7 was a good step forward for SEO but it's all or nothing. Once it's switched on there's no way to hide a product without actually deleting it. I'd suggest that rather than adding an additional check box, the existing Published checkbox could be changed to a dropdown with a choice of published statuses (Unpublished, Published, Discontinued). Further statuses could then be added in future if the need arises.
7 years ago
Hi Bruce,

Thanks a lot for suggestion

P.S. I've create a work item two days ago but forgot to write about it here
7 years ago
was this ever implemented? I have unpublished a number of discontinued products and am having a hard time managing them and differentiating between new items that have been sent to the catalog for addition to the site.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.