Rotating Category/Products

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi,

Does anyone know how to or has implement this rotating gallery, like the one here on the right side:

Proflowers.com

Will you give me some leads to that, or share your codes?  Thanks in advance.
13 years ago
It seems like the rotating images are implemented using Jquery as their price is being displayed from the database
You can easily do similar to this in flash without any coding
13 years ago
Thanks Mike,

I'm new to the rotating gallery using flash. can you guide me to the right direction?

Thanks
13 years ago
well there are a lot of things to learn in flash in order to accomplish that (i thought you already know flash as flash is alternative for coding if you wanna go into much coding [Advantage of flash is: It looks good with sharp and clear images])

but there is one thing we can do, if you know what products you want to display

You can provide me the price and pictures of those products and the dimensions of the flash file (like 400 X 200 or anything)
I  can create a flash like just like that for you.

Let me know (PM me your e-mail address)

Hope it helps
13 years ago
If you think you want to go with coding way

then in the asp.net there is a tool "Ad Rotator"

You can make use of that control to create rotating products by adding products that will be linked from the database or you can select specific products according to their product ID
13 years ago
It's just a bit of JQuery; honestly, to reach a wider audience, I'd stick with JQuery over Flash.  I've got a rotating JQuery image display at the top of the page of Dream Hats; the images are pulled from the server, and it's done in an unordered list, so it's more SEO friendly.  

Farther down in the page, I've got a custom control that pulls images directly from the product database (which I'm pretty sure you'd prefer), and displays it in a JQuery carousel.  Again, in HTML itself, it's in an unordered list, which is more SEO-friendly.  This control leverages the setting "display on front page", so the choice of images displayed in the carousel can be controlled from product administration.

If you choose to implement something of this nature, I highly recommend making it DB-driven, so that you can choose which images are to be displayed without further coding.  Let me know if you'd like more info on how I did it!
13 years ago
IndigoTea wrote:
It's just a bit of JQuery; honestly, to reach a wider audience, I'd stick with JQuery over Flash.  I've got a rotating JQuery image display at the top of the page of Dream Hats; the images are pulled from the server, and it's done in an unordered list, so it's more SEO friendly.  

Farther down in the page, I've got a custom control that pulls images directly from the product database (which I'm pretty sure you'd prefer), and displays it in a JQuery carousel.  Again, in HTML itself, it's in an unordered list, which is more SEO-friendly.  This control leverages the setting "display on front page", so the choice of images displayed in the carousel can be controlled from product administration.

If you choose to implement something of this nature, I highly recommend making it DB-driven, so that you can choose which images are to be displayed without further coding.  Let me know if you'd like more info on how I did it!

Hi there, i remember your website, we were discussing about scrollable style products on some other thread, Your website looks good

It will be great if you could post your code here for scrollable products that are coming directly from the database.

I remember i tried this last month and i was able to post scrollable products but my side arrows were not getting displayed for god knows what reason , i tried code from here : http://flowplayer.org/tools/demos/scrollable

Code you please guide me with the code ?
13 years ago
Thanks Mike for putting together the flash files codes for me. That was a great help!

Indigo, that dynamic ad rotator of yours is an excellent idea. Will you be able to share your codes here too? Thanks in advance.

ttun76
13 years ago
Sorry I didn't reply sooner, guys - for whatever reason, I didn't get an e-mail notification that this thread had a reply.

ttun76 - check your inbox.
13 years ago
Indigo, Thanks. I have sent to you my email address. Please check your inbox.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.