Nop 3.8 - 3.3 GigaByte Memory usage!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Is it possible for me to be able to check in code to your dev branch?
Yes, any contribution is welcome. Please create a pull request as described here

So maybe I will go - I'd love to meet you guys - who knows if I will have the opportunity...
Sure. Please PM me if you decide to go...

Please I am very new to nopcommerce, if I replace the BIN folder on a live site using the latest no-source version, would this solve this problem?
7 years ago
FredBell wrote:
IT IS FIXED NOW! nopCommerce is flying!!!

Oh my god it is much faster now.

Before this fix - with only 125,000 orders and 70,000+ customer I could bring nopCommerce to use 8 Gigabyte of memory simply by opening through a few Adminstration pages. And these admistration pages would load in around 90 seconds.
Now with this fix - I can open pages in a few seconds. And nopCommerce only uses 600MB - it is an amazing difference.

It is going to save me a lot of money in server deployment - FANTASTIC.
To be honest - I dont think I could have deployed the app before - but now I have a lot more confidence I can.

Andrei - you owe me a big one on this one. A very big one.
I have never worked for free in my life - and to be honest my consulting fees are $250 per hour.
I had to give up my entire weekend to fix the performance issues of nopCommerce 3.8.
I think I just spent at least 20 hours this weekend just fixing all the performance issues I could find.

Don't get me wrong - I am very glad I did. What an amazing difference.
But the bugs I found are so massive - anyone should have been able to see it.

Anyhow - nopCommerce is flying now (compared to before)
I don't think I have ever seen such dramatic improvement for such simple coding mistake.

Life is good again. I will sleep very well tonight.

Frederic

Can you share your new code with us. So we are also facing same issue

Thanks
7 years ago
sagu25patel wrote:
IT IS FIXED NOW! nopCommerce is flying!!!

Oh my god it is much faster now.

Before this fix - with only 125,000 orders and 70,000+ customer I could bring nopCommerce to use 8 Gigabyte of memory simply by opening through a few Adminstration pages. And these admistration pages would load in around 90 seconds.
Now with this fix - I can open pages in a few seconds. And nopCommerce only uses 600MB - it is an amazing difference.

It is going to save me a lot of money in server deployment - FANTASTIC.
To be honest - I dont think I could have deployed the app before - but now I have a lot more confidence I can.

Andrei - you owe me a big one on this one. A very big one.
I have never worked for free in my life - and to be honest my consulting fees are $250 per hour.
I had to give up my entire weekend to fix the performance issues of nopCommerce 3.8.
I think I just spent at least 20 hours this weekend just fixing all the performance issues I could find.

Don't get me wrong - I am very glad I did. What an amazing difference.
But the bugs I found are so massive - anyone should have been able to see it.

Anyhow - nopCommerce is flying now (compared to before)
I don't think I have ever seen such dramatic improvement for such simple coding mistake.

Life is good again. I will sleep very well tonight.

Frederic

Can you share your new code with us. So we are also facing same issue

Thanks

Please I am very new to nopcommerce, if I replace the BIN folder on a live site using the latest no-source version, would this solve this problem?
7 years ago
@sagu25patel Please read the whole tread, or at least scan it briefly before asking. The new build is published, and also the changeset that contains the fix has been posted on this thread.

@bosunjohnson also posted on this thread, was the answer, that yes, you can do that, and it should work - but it's best to replace all the files, just to be sure. So you can try to replace just the BIN (do a back-up first), and then if it's not working, replace all the files.
7 years ago
Yes I did not want to publish just snippets of code. Because most people would have not known exactly what to do with it.

Instead I thought it was better to let Andrei produce a new version with all the changes in it.

Andrei did that very quickly and now you can get the new version with the fixes in there for you.
Thank you Andrei.

Simply download the latest version.

Sorry I am very busy with work and life in general - so I do not usually hangout in forums - I just do not have the time.
Please do not expect on answer from me here. I apologies in advance for that.

I just wanted Andrei and the team (who does an excellent job) to fix the issue for the benefit of the whole community.

Now I have done my part - time for me to go back to my life :)

Cheers to all and keep enjoying a fast nopCommerce 3.8

Frederic
7 years ago
I have checked the Nop.Core\PagedList.cs source and you just downgraded it to 3.7 version, right?
7 years ago
If I go to the download link here: https://www.nopcommerce.com/downloads.aspx, is that pointing to the newest version of Nop wit these fixes included?

I just started a new 3.8 site on WinHost and used their App Installer, is the version there also using the most up to date version with the mentioned fixes?

I'm unable to even login to my new site.  It just spins and spins then goes back to the homepage with no error message or anything.  I'm assuming it has something to do with the bugs mentioned here.
7 years ago
SilverRider wrote:
If I go to the download link here: https://www.nopcommerce.com/downloads.aspx, is that pointing to the newest version of Nop wit these fixes included?

Yes

SilverRider wrote:
I just started a new 3.8 site on WinHost and used their App Installer, is the version there also using the most up to date version with the mentioned fixes?

Yes
7 years ago
iob2000 wrote:
I have checked the Nop.Core\PagedList.cs source and you just downgraded it to 3.7 version, right?

Yes. But you'll also have to apply several other minor changes (see this commit)/ For example, move Dynamic.cs file to Nop.Web.Framework (and change its namespace)
7 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Yes

Yes

Thanks for your fast reply.

Any idea why the site is so extremely slow if it is a new blank site that I installed using the App installer on WinHost?  I'm using the 'Max' plan.

I did use SQL Server 2016, should I have used an older SQL Server version?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.