Nop 3.8 - 3.3 GigaByte Memory usage!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
a.m. wrote:
I have checked the Nop.Core\PagedList.cs source and you just downgraded it to 3.7 version, right?
Yes. But you'll also have to apply several other minor changes (see this commit)/ For example, move Dynamic.cs file to Nop.Web.Framework (and change its namespace)

I have upgrade my store to nopcommerce 3.80 before this current update.
I'm not very good with C#, what can I do to apply this current update?
7 years ago
I am running 3.8 and have also been unable to get up and running on WinHost due to extremely slow responses. Their customer service is good as they replied to me within 30 minutes of submitting a ticket with this reply.

I see that on my local workstation, nC 3.8 is running about 340MB of memory on the home page.

Hope the included reply helps somebody. Also a question, how would I tell which version of 3.8 I am using, the original 3.8, or the 3.8 with the optimization?

***** Begin reply from WinHost ******

Hello,

It appears that your site is being repeatedly recycled due to memory threshold.

We host each website in its unique application pool/process. To ensure server stability, the application is recycled if any of the following conditions are met:

1) More than 20 minutes of idle time (no HTTP request in 20 minutes)
2) The application uses more than 100 MB of memory for the Basic plan and 300 MB of memory for the Max and 500 MB of memory for the Ultimate plan.
3) The application uses more than 70% of CPU resources for more than 5 minutes. On our IIS 8 servers the CPU is throttled so you may experience some latency.

Our logs shows that your application pool is reaching the 300 MB memory threshold for your Max account.

A worker process serving application pool 'customerPool_106371' has requested a recycle because it reached its private bytes memory limit.

When your application is recycled, it must go through process of spinning up and loading into the worker process when your site is called upon.  In which case can increase the load time of your site making it seem slow.

You may want to try upsizing to the Ultimate plan where you will be afforded 500 MB of the servers memory.

Keep in mind we actually do not know just how much your application will consume.  All we know at this point is that it is consuming more than 300 MB of the servers memory.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.