Upcoming security upgrade may impact your PayPal service

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
I just received this email from paypal-

"Reminder - To avoid service interruptions, please ensure that your systems are upgraded and compatible as testing will occur between now and September 30, 2016.

At PayPal, data security and safety are our top priorities, and as a result we’re implementing a series of security upgrades throughout 2016 and 2017.

To comply with industry standards, we’re moving the SSL certificates on our endpoints to stronger encryption known as SHA-256 starting after September 30, 2016. Compatibility with SHA-256 will help strengthen your protection and ensure that your business systems are up to date with the latest security measures.

If your systems aren’t SHA-256 compatible, your business will be unable to accept payments with PayPal until changes are made. For more details on our transition to SHA-256, please visit our SSL Certificate Upgrade Microsite..... "

I use Paypal Direct as well as Paypal Standard on my nopCommerce website. Do I need to worry about this change? I assume Paypal standard is not an issue as it redirects to their website but the Paypal direct that is used to take credit card payments is what I am worried about.

Please let me know if we need to look for an upgrade or what if anything needs to be done.

thanks in advance.
7 years ago
Its not a nop issue, but an issue with your own SSL certificate from what I've read here: https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/35242/paypal-ssl-upgrades-any-changes-needed-to-nop.aspx
7 years ago
Right...what they said.

You just have to go to your admin area or other secure part of your website. In the Address bar, right before your URL, will be a padlock icon..click that and then view details >> view certificate >> details
You just need to ensure that your signature hash algorithm is sha256
If not, contact your SSL vendor and ask for a new one.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.