Reducing the memory usage on startup

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
petemitch wrote:
Its not neccessary fot you to make any changes in the code for reducing the burden on the system, you can just take the already trimmed UserAgents file (saving the name browscap.xml and its structure)
Maybe you could provide a link to the already trimmed version of browscap.xml since it's generated dynamically there's no way for users to get it without compiling the development version of nop from GitHub.

Exactly, I was about to ask the same. It would be of real help for many of us if you can provide the same.
7 years ago
Sure. Here is the file. Just replace your /App_Data/browscap.xml file with this one
7 years ago
Thanks Andrei,

How about the bug reported here: https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/45701/380-browscap-implementation-bug-browscapxmlhelper.aspx

Is this fix not needed once the trimmed browscap xml is replaced?
7 years ago
mr.mourya wrote:
Thanks Andrei,

How about the bug reported here: https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/45701/380-browscap-implementation-bug-browscapxmlhelper.aspx

The file replacing does not solve problem described in this post, but it significantly reduces the overhead of all the replacement  operations  that will allow you to wait until the version 3.90 release in which these problems have been solved.
7 years ago
Sergei-k wrote:
Thanks Andrei,

The file replacing does not solve problem described in this post, but it significantly reduces the overhead of all the replacement  operations  that will allow you to wait until the version 3.90 release in which these problems have been solved.

Thanks Sergei-K! Will wait then :)
7 years ago
Hi,

The solution finded in this post could be used  in Nop 3.6?
7 years ago
botman86 wrote:
The solution finded in this post could be used  in Nop 3.6?

No, Nop 3.6 doesn't use the Browscap.xml file for user agent detection so you can't easily use this solution without re-implementing all the associated user agent detection code. There is a similar file called uas_20140809-02.ini in the App_Data folder that is used.
7 years ago
Thanks, I'll upgrade to 3.8, in the meantime In which way can I modify uas_20140809-02.ini?
7 years ago
botman86 wrote:
Thanks, I'll upgrade to 3.8, in the meantime In which way can I modify uas_20140809-02.ini?

I'm not sure that you need to. The Browscap.xml file had thousands of unused lines in it that caused the excessive memory use (or most of it anyway). Unless you've done some memory profiling on the 3.6 user agent string implementation and found a specific issue with it that's causing excessive memory use, why would you want to modify it?
7 years ago
Because I can't find a solution for my issue.

There's something wrong in cpu usage in my site that cause continue restart of the application.

In fact I tried any solution to reduce it (disbale plugin, modify keep alive etc...) my hosting said that there's a bug in CMS but I can't be able to fix and find it.

I've created a 3.8 site test and I followed your tips.

It seems that my test-site is faster now, but I've to test it better.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.