Upgrade Process

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Is there a place that has a list of what changed in the 1.6 release and what needs to be updated and / or patched (code and/or DB) on a 1.5 release to bring it to the 1.6 level?

JB
13 years ago
Under the "Downloads" link at the top of the page you can find a link to "Release Notes"
13 years ago
I saw that - it lists what from a functionality perspective has changed.

What I am looking for is more of an update/deployment guide.

Are there database tables that need to be added or db code that needs to be patched?  I can figure out what source files have changed using somthing like diff, although it would be nice to have a list of changed files.

I have 1.5 installed and configured, I now want to upgrade my installation to 1.6 - but do not what to overwrite.

Thanks,

JB
13 years ago
I too am interested in seeing a guide for this, does the one being sold for $20
have detailed instructions on how to upgrade to 1.6 properly?

I used the damn MS web app installer app and it installed 1.5 automatically.

Might just try overwriting all files, as I haven't actually added anything
to the default install yet. I'll see if that works.
13 years ago
http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets

this may be what you were looking for.
13 years ago
deccks wrote:

sorry what is this last link for? im not too good with updates
13 years ago
well for someone who is a complete klutz in upgrading (stuffed up 1.4-1.5) i thought this was going to be a nightmare.

first thing is first back up the database. i am using ms sql server and i found out how to back up and then how to retore the back up.

1.4 to 1.5 was a nightmare because i didnt back up the database. i wound up starting from scratch on 1.5.

when you do your upgrade sometimes it doesnt work first up, dont panic though just restore your backup and try again.

it took me about 3 goes(maybe i was doing something wrong) but it finally worked
13 years ago
Any way of getting just the SQL scripts to upgrade 1.5 database to 1.6?

Or if there is a database upgrade script which would update database schema with preserving existing data?
13 years ago
probably not, which is very inconvinient
13 years ago
azharmahmood wrote:
Any way of getting just the SQL scripts to upgrade 1.5 database to 1.6?

Or if there is a database upgrade script which would update database schema with preserving existing data?

In the nopCommerce 1.60 download, there are upgrade scripts in the Intall\Scripts folder. The following script is to
"upgrade scripts from nopCommerce 1.50 to nopCommerce 1.60": NopCommerceStore\Install\Scripts\1.60\nopCommerce_upgrade.sql. Occasionally, data is deleted if the tables change (e.g. Product Specifications for 1.40); backup before trying the upgrade.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.