Upgrade Process

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Can you confirm if data is deleted when upgrading from 1.5 to 1.6?

Also if you backup your 1.5 database, how would you restore it to 1.6 database? I think the only option would be to transfer data using DTS package etc?
13 years ago
the data should not be deleted, but you should backup the database before an upgrade in case there is a problem

I use SQL server management studion to restore/upgrade a database
13 years ago
i agree with haydie back up the database first. its very important. practise doing that before even thinking about doing the upgrade.

my first upgrade with doing a backup was a disaster and i had to start from scratch. see my earlier post.

as i said previously back up first.
13 years ago
azharmahmood wrote:
Can you confirm if data is deleted when upgrading from 1.5 to 1.6?

Also if you backup your 1.5 database, how would you restore it to 1.6 database? I think the only option would be to transfer data using DTS package etc?

I haven't used the upgrade script so I can't confirm if any data is deleted. A quick search of the script only shows DROP TABLE statements for temporary tables.

The upgrade script I was referring to that did delete data was the 1.30 to 1.40 upgrade script (line 11402: "DROP TABLE [dbo].[Nop_Product_SpecificationAttribute_Mapping]". It did this because it altered the table and functionality for the product specifications.

You backup the database (and site) so that you can restore back to 1.50 in the event the 1.50 to 1.60 upgrade fails.

13 years ago
mb wrote:
[quote=azharmahmood]Can you confirm if data is deleted when upgrading from 1.5 to 1.6?

You backup the database (and site) so that you can restore back to 1.50 in the event the 1.50 to 1.60 upgrade fails.

I got it now... thanks everyone
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.