Associated Attribute Price Adjustment

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
As I have been learning to configure nopCommerce I eventually figured out how to associate a Simple Product with an Attribute. This is nice as it will adjust the stock level of the associated product. However you loose the ability to adjust the price.

I have products: Simple_1, Simple_2, Simple_3 (all separately visible products)

Product Simple_1 as attributes associated with Simple_2 and Simple_3. Each associated attribute is configured as a check box so the user can choose to add each item or both. The full price of Simple_2 and Simple_3 is used and there is no ability to adjust the price of the attributes. What I would like to do is adjust each attribute's price so that it is a little cheaper for the user to buy Simple_1 + choice of attributed products.

Let's say Simple_1 is $100, Simple_2 is $10 and Simple_3 is $20. When a user buys Simple_1 (which was Simple_2 and Simple_3 as associated attributes) the price of Simple_1 would be $8.50 [-#1.50] and Simple_2 would be $18 [-$2].

If I do not associate the attributes with products then I can set a price adjustment, i.e. set price of Simple_2 attribute to $8.50. It seems that if the price adjustment field was not hidden and could be set to the price difference of -$1.50 that would do the trick.

For this simple example that a product grouping would be in order, however some of my product kits are highly configurable and would result in dozens of product group variations. Imagine trying to order a pizza if you had to list every possible combination of topping as a separate group variation, it would be unusable.

Any thoughts on how to make this work? In the interim I can do away with the attribute associations so as to get the site up and running more quickly but it is something I would like to be able to do eventually.

Thanks and Happy New Year!
7 years ago
Have a look at this thread which describes a way to enable price adjustments for associated to product attribute types. It does require some minor changes to code so only really useful if you have access to a developer. There is a work item related to it too but it doesn't look like it's currently being worked on by the nop team: https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/issues/641
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.