Vendors notes in tab-vendor-notes. What for?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
There is a tab in the vendors management for adding notes related to a vendor. The database table is vendorNote and only contains a Note column and a CreatedOnUtc. Any idea if this is for a future functionnality with something specific in mind; or is it just aimed at beeing a simple reminder for something the administrator wants to now about a vendor?

It seems that the vendor cannot see these notes, so they are considered confidential and cannot be used to convey some kind of message to the vendor, or be used like a helpdesk ticket manager. Is that by design?

Thanks for any tip about how to use this tab.
7 years ago
I understood this to just be a simple way for admins to keep notes pertaining to their vendors...such as: "closed on Mondays"..or "Our main contact is a lady named Mary"..or "the boss likes to go fishing"...etc..
7 years ago
Yes, it looks so currently. But it seems a bit overkill to have a one-to-many relationship only for a placeholder where a simple note column in the Vendors table would have been enough. So I tought it might be some work in progress. I could see a use case for custom per-vendor parameters, but for that a key-value table had offered more potential.
7 years ago
I don't use the Vendor functionality so don't have any first hand experience but one thing that occurs is that nop doesn't have any built in method of calculating and tracking payments from the store owner to vendors so maybe the notes field with a date provides a basic way for a site owner to keep track of that info. It would be useful to get some feedback from owners of multi-vendor sites to see what they actually use it for though.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.