Does nopcommerce support products like online courses?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
Does nopcommerce support products like online courses where customers can view pages on site ONLY after buying the course?

Is anyone using NOP for online courses?
7 years ago
robbyr wrote:
Does nopcommerce support products like online courses where customers can view pages on site ONLY after buying the course?

Is anyone using NOP for online courses?

We have developed a site which sells the courses and then, connected to a Moodle courses site, registers the user in the corresponding course.

Another way to do it all with Nop is: Nop lets you restrict topics (the contents of the courses) by customer role and also to sell products (in this case the course) that assign the customer role to the buyer.
7 years ago
Thanks

Exactly, I looked at the topic but with that comes with 2 problems:-

A- Order process is going to be manual & store manager will have to assign role to customer manually & if that step takes time customer will be waiting forever

B- There is no way for customer to know why course access is taking time. In my case the e-store will offer more than just courses (there are other kinds of products too) the order confirmation email can only send one common email for all kinds of products. It can be confusing for customer after placing order why there is no information about purchased course. In NOP that I CANNOT send email 1 for product 1 and email 2 for product 2 as order confirmation email & I CANNOT display different order confirmation page for different products.

Not looking for a different site integration but thanks for sharing.
7 years ago
robbyr wrote:
Thanks

Exactly, I looked at the topic but with that comes with 2 problems:-

A- Order process is going to be manual & store manager will have to assign role to customer manually & if that step takes time customer will be waiting forever

B- There is no way for customer to know why course access is taking time. In my case the e-store will offer more than just courses (there are other kinds of products too) the order confirmation email can only send one common email for all kinds of products. It can be confusing for customer after placing order why there is no information about purchased course. In NOP that I CANNOT send email 1 for product 1 and email 2 for product 2 as order confirmation email & I CANNOT display different order confirmation page for different products.

Not looking for a different site integration but thanks for sharing.

I don't know if I understood you well:
A- The customer role is automatically assigned when the product is purchased paid
B- Now you can have conditional expressions in message templates

Nevertheless a course is more than just plain text; it has several pages, bookmarks, conditional pagination, images, diagrams, videos, tests, certification, etc. etc. that would be difficult to replicate with topics.
7 years ago
thank you good to know all that

can i do add conditions in 3.8 message templates or only 3.9 will support that?
7 years ago
Try to apply the changes of the issue in v3.8
7 years ago
Tecnofin wrote:

We have developed a site which sells the courses and then, connected to a Moodle courses site, registers the user in the corresponding course.

Hello Tecnofin
we need to ask about the customization work that you did for this site? what the featured that your site include it?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.