Getting error while tried to Register a new member

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi all Devs,

I am facing an unpleasant issue, this is working fine on my local machine. But while I tried to a shared hosting it threw an error. Here what I am doing?

1. Updated the sample database
2. Upload all files
3. Login to site with the Admin User - it works fine.
4. Now logged out
5. Now click on Register - it threw an error, I changed the web.config to check the exact error but it cant help as it says just an error no info.

I googled and found that there could be some files missed to upload, so I re-uploaded all the files again but still getting the same problem.

I tried the same from my local machine with connection pointing to my Production DB its working fine all links and pages are workingn fine but I am facing the problem in Live environment.

Please give your inputs.

Thanks
13 years ago
you re-create database online, not upload... try remove key in connectionstring.config and re-install.
13 years ago
Thanks Yakko,

I tried the same but it failed to create new database  I am using shared server so, I think its due to files permissions os, could you please tell me the permissions of the files
13 years ago
not necessary plus permission... please, post error you have received.
13 years ago
I am getting this error only when trid to clikc on Register, rest is working fine. But its working fine on my local system

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

13 years ago
change this configuration:
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>

to:
<customErrors mode="Off"/>

and refresh browser and copy and paste result.
13 years ago
Thanks, but I have already done the same.

Still facing the same issue
13 years ago
and this error continue? can not. must display where this error.
13 years ago
I am not getting the actual description of the error for the same I am helpless to continue. I am wondering for solution from a long time
13 years ago
send mail-me... [email protected]
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.