V3.80 Import Products Not Working???

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
Hi all,

Hopefully I am missing something. I am doing a brand new installation, so fortunately it's all demo data. BUT....

I exported all of the products created during setup to an Excel Spreadsheet. I then deleted all of the products using the console. Then I ran the import. Now nothing shows up in the Products listing? I restarted the application but nothing is in the products page. Nothing is showing in the public store either?

What's going on?

Thanks,
Jon
7 years ago
BostonEDIGuy wrote:
Hopefully I am missing something. I am doing a brand new installation, so fortunately it's all demo data. BUT....

I exported all of the products created during setup to an Excel Spreadsheet. I then deleted all of the products using the console. Then I ran the import. Now nothing shows up in the Products listing? I restarted the application but nothing is in the products page. Nothing is showing in the public store either?

What's going on?

I think this is probably what's happening. When you delete products in the admin interface it doesn't actually remove the data from the database, it just changes the Deleted bit column in the Product table from 0 to 1 and you don't see them anymore. So when you do the import it matches on the skus of the deleted data and updates them, but doesn't update the deleted column so you still don't see them. Try adding a character to the start or end of the skus for the data you're importing to make them unique and it should work.
7 years ago
Thank you very much, that was the issue. Very much appreciate the quick response!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.