Shopping Cart Limit?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
Hello...

A friend built me a site using NOP.....It's great..I love it!

However he is unavailable and I am now on my own.

I find that for some reason, and this is a "new" occurrence, I can only put seven(7) items into the shopping cart.

After that nothing will be allowed to be added to the cart.

How and where do I fix this?

Hoping someone can help me...

Dave
7 years ago
Is it the same behavior for all of your products...maximum of 7 items? Or is it just one particular product?
Maybe you have the "Maximum cart quantity:" set to 7 on all your products...or just one?

Check this:  admin >> Catalog >> Products >> Manage Products >> Edit >>  on the product info tab, near the bottom look for:
Maximum cart quantity:

Or maybe your shopping cart settings:

admin >> Configuration >> Settings >> Shopping Cart settings >> Maximum shopping cart items:
7 years ago
Thank you for your reply.........

Shopping cart Maximum is set to 1000 items

I tried using 7-8 different products on several different occasions and seven is the max it would let me put in there...

Dave
7 years ago
Seven of the SAME product, as in quantity...or seven different products....or seven total with a combination of products?

If the products have no maximum defined, and the shopping cart settings have a maximum of 1000, then I haven't got a clue what's wrong with your site.
7 years ago
Did your friend did any special customization?

Recheck what Embryo said: admin >> Configuration >> Settings >> Shopping Cart settings >> Maximum shopping cart items:  should be set to a big amount like 1000  

What kind of error are you getting when you exceed 7 items?

Please provide a link to your store.
7 years ago
He did a few things custom but i have had no problems since inception in August 2015.

each time I add a product to the cart, it opens to the cart page and shows the new item added, up to seven items.

After seven items, the circular "timer" shows for a brief moment, but does not move me to the cart page.

Upon manually opening the cart, the new chosen item is not there.

site is here:

riograndepickups.com

Many thanks....

Dave
7 years ago
spoonnop wrote:
Hello...

A friend built me a site using NOP.....It's great..I love it!

However he is unavailable and I am now on my own.

I find that for some reason, and this is a "new" occurrence, I can only put seven(7) items into the shopping cart.

After that nothing will be allowed to be added to the cart.

How and where do I fix this?

Hoping someone can help me...

Dave

From my tests I find that you cannot have more than 4 different products in cart but you can have as many as you want if you have several  units of these 4 items.

If you don't have an idea why that limit is for, I suggest to get help of a developer
7 years ago
Have you checked the admin log to see if there are any errors?
7 years ago
I have not checked the admin log

I will try to do so

Thanks

Dave
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.