MOVING MY STORE FROM MYDOMAIN.COM/SHOP TO MYDOMAIN.COM

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
@ athens collectibles

Hey George,

I understand completely your thoughts - but if it is any assurance to you, I am not a programmer either, but using the forum I have gained a little insight c# and to be honest the rest is not as difficult as it might at first seem.

You don't need to know c# to make a decent looking store (though you may need to do a little coding if you have particular requirements)

Mainly, you will need to change style.css for your theme and you might need to make a few alterations to some of the .ascx modules or .aspx pages

If this is all you need to do then use the following software

Visual Web Developer
and  Firefox     browser  (  with firebug installed )

and use the forum to ask the questions you need answers to  - whatever they are (I've asked some pretty stupid ones in the past ! )

There are many hours of videos here http://www.asp.net/web-forms which will help you a huge amount

All of us can do anything we set our minds to.
13 years ago
Hey!  Zen Cart is installed there!! :S
13 years ago
Thanks for your reply Haydie and sorry I couldn't come back earlier. Unfortunately I was at the funeral of a friend's 40-year-old wife yesterday and, even when I came back, I wasn't in a mood for sitting in front of a computer. I'm still not much better.

I have seen your posts helping people around and I agree with you that there's nothing we can't do if we want to. As it happens, I'm a stubborn old guy who still likes to learn at 63. I just wish that days had more than 24 hours.

The link you provided seems to have a lot of useful information although I only had a very brief look this morning. I don't want to hijack this thread which was about a different issue, so I'll start a new one when there's a new question.

Thank you all for your help and greetings from a hot Athens (still morning and we are up to 33ºC - the forecast is for around 40º today).
13 years ago
im sorry but i gave up. i had windows hosting and all the files that i moved or deleted still stayed in file manager.
so it all turned into a big big mess. i canceled my acount wit hosting company, wanted to transfer, then realzied i cant transfer before 60days are passed, SO I SWITCHED TO LINUX SERVER AND INSTALLED ZENCART.
it all works fine now with zen cart.
thanks for help everyone but i couldnt take it anymore. nop is a good cart and has good future, but for now, its still needs development.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.