Starting with nopCommers

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
Hi
I just started with nopCommerce.
I installed it on my Pc. it works well.
Now I need to create the azure-side.
How do I do it?
Should I install and deployed it on the azure and then connect to my Pc, so I can publish my site?
Or, should I upload it from my Pc to azure? If this is the right-way, should I upload it deployed or zipped (before deployed it)?

Sharon
6 years ago
I use the later. I publish my site in local folder and then upload the publish to ftp . you can also directly publish to azure if that is what you prefer. I publish to local folder so that then i can only select those plugins to upload to ftp which are either new or updated. There is no point in uploading the whole publish folder at least that what i think. Don't know what happens if we directly publish to azure.
6 years ago
Hi u2

Thanks for your respond.
I don't understand what I need to have on the azure server (all tables? all functions? all projects?)
The nopCommerce solution include: libraries, plugins, and presentation projects (and test).
What should I have on the azure? should I have the same?

Sharon
6 years ago
hmm Don't know whether you are using azure VM or webapp. If you want to use VM then task is simple for you install sql server on your vm and then install your nop project on that vm. However if you want to use App Services then you have to create a new App service for web and then you have to create a database server. then create FTP credentials from Deployment Credentials menu and all set. then run your app. it will be something like xyz.azurewebsites.net. SO all in all you just have to publish your website to ftp. database will be created on the first run of the website like it gets created in your local system. hope it helps
6 years ago
Also you will publish only your Nop.Web Project if you don't know it already.
6 years ago
Hi u2
Thanks for your answer.
I think I start follow your explanationץ
Thanks
Sharon
6 years ago
My pleasure. :)
6 years ago
Hi again....same topic...
I downloaded nopCommerce to my pc, installed it on my pc and it works well.
I deployed nopCommerce to azure potal (to my account).

How do I start the installation?
How do I go to installation page?
Should I click on the URL I got for the store?

Sharon
6 years ago
yes. It will be something like xyz.azurewebsites.net.
6 years ago
Thanks
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.