GDPR / AVG support in Nop 4.1

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 years ago
ksprovis.net wrote:
Hi Andrei,

will the GDPR be implemented in version 4.10? I have the current version 4.10 code installed. But I can not find any implementation. What is being implemented. Can you please give a list. Thank you

Hi,

4.10 is not released yet. We just plan to implement it in 4.10
5 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Hi Andrei,

will the GDPR be implemented in version 4.10? I have the current version 4.10 code installed. But I can not find any implementation. What is being implemented. Can you please give a list. Thank you
Hi,

4.10 is not released yet. We just plan to implement it in 4.10

I just tested version 4.10. Is there a list of what is available for GDPR in version 4.10? This is very important for Europe and no one knows what makes nopCommerce.

All customers in Europe are waiting for a response from nopCommerce as it is implemented.
5 years ago
Guys,

What's all the fuzz about? The Tmotions GPDR plugin does exactly what is needed for GDPR. I have already implemented it on one of our shops.
5 years ago
actOpus wrote:
Guys,

What's all the fuzz about? The Tmotions GPDR plugin does exactly what is needed for GDPR. I have already implemented it on one of our shops.

a solution without a plug-in.
5 years ago
And finally done. Please see this commit (GDPR will be available in version 4.10 out of the box)
5 years ago
a.m. wrote:
And finally done. Please see this commit (GDPR will be available in version 4.10 out of the box)

Fantastic news. Do you have an estimate drop date for 4.1?
5 years ago
It depends on MS and when they decide to release EF Core 2.1, .NET Core 2.1. We hope it'll be June
5 years ago
actOpus wrote:
Guys,

But you receive there only text information? You can create consent, but can't make:

"1. I agree that webshop MMMM may store my personal information for NN weeks or until the product is delivered"
"2. I agree that my personal information may be stored offline for tax referral for a period of 7 years"

Client can agree or not... but we can't make it obligatory, if he don't accept first or second. He just make a order without consent... and what now? what with marketing automation/other plugins... where consent we need, how we can send it to couriers? We can create consent, but don't have any "power" to decide where we show it, and give scenery "what if…. "

Also GDPR tmotions not suport nopcommerce newsletter, people sign in / unsubscribe and we have "two systems"... (or i don't understand) when we send it to second part of company… we lose all information… Actual implementation GDPR looks like "model"... at first sight looks great, but when you start look into it deeper… you can't nothing… only static "agree / disagree". Maybe if someone have programmer in team it's ok... but we don't, so i'm so depressed, hehe… now it's no time to write this.

Worsed, even if i want buy "something enhanced" there is nothing in whole nopcommerce marketplace… so big legislation... and almost no support:/

Hmmm... :/
5 years ago
About item 1: A simple sql query running in a scheduled task can handle this for you. Besides: You can ask consent using the tmotion plugin if you really want.

About item 2: No consent is necessary as this is by government tax law! Do not ask this but note it in your privacy policy

about "Client can agree or not... but we can't make it obligatory, if he don't accept first or second. He just make a order without consent... and what now"

=>You don't need consent to fulfill an order, but you need to remove the information as soon as legally possible. So go ahead and sent out that order, next simply anonimize the customer info.

GDPR is not about killing online business! It's about misuse and abuse of consumer data. As long as you only use the personal data to fulfill that specific order, and nothing more!!!, then you're clear. Delete as soon as legally possible. In Nop: after 4-5 weeks, in your financial program: After 7-8 years.

However, as modern themes use google fonts, material icons etc beware that those third parties can get information your customers would not like to share... So do not link to external resources but place it all on your own server.
5 years ago
Lot more info on GDPR on this facebook group....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GDPRforonlineentrepreneurs/
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.