GDPR / AVG support in Nop 4.1

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 years ago
How I already hate those annoying cookie policy pop-ups on almost every website I visit!

The other day in a webshop I first checked the cookie thing upfront and then eight(!) checkboxes at checkout that I have read and consent their 1.General Terms 2.Return policy 3.Lithium battery handling rules 4.Being of 18+ age 5.Packaging material dispose rules 6.Product safety info 7.Data handling rules (and it was just the old one, not yet GDPR) and 8.Newsletter/membership agreement
I already began looking for a browser plug-in that would check every bullshit for me automatically. I will never read those 700-pages legal blurb anyway, but the webshop would not allow me not checking all those. Does this really make sense?

Now cometh this GDPR thing to the play with its additional 7-10 checkboxes, I can imagine another 5-10 years of 'smart' legislation in this direction, and we will be required to read, checkbox, fill-out and sign 37 popping up consent windows before we can lookup the weather or the simplest things on any website. Add another 20 years of legislative progress to this, and will there be 587 questions and checkboxes, we would need 2 hours of mouse-clicking before entering any website... Ridiculous.

Why I am not required to sign anything before I enter a physical shop and buy something with my credit card. My card data is the most personal info I can imagine, my face, my each step is recorded on their video surveillance, this is even more personal: they can even see if my pants-zipper has slipped open. For a physical shop a simple warning is enough on their entrance, just by entering and buying I am giving my consent to all they need.  As a webshop operator I demand equal rights, so why is there no lawyer in each physical shop entrance with an agreement each visitor must agree and sign?

Sorry for the offtopic ranting here. I am just asking you, developers and shop operators to keep the annoying checkboxes as low count and low profile as it is minimally necessary by the law.

Where is it written in these rules that I cannot give consent with checking ONE SINGLE CHECKBOX for all the above 9 things with I began my comment with and also to the GDPR rule now?  I would suggest to put it all into the already present cookie policy popup to make websites not more annoying than they are already now.

There is a clear need for a 'ONE-CLICK-CONSENT' or even better 'CONSENT-BY-ENTERING' political party to change these rules and end this legal nightmare.

I understand we can't change this silly law, but please do not overobey it. Today on the first day of GDPR in effect I see already websites looking* much more GDPR-compliant than required by asking twelve additional GDPR questions, checkboxes, etc. rendering the whole thing internet is about (free, unrestricted, quick browsing for any info) into an annoying experience.

*by 'looking' I mean much of the GDPR requirements are infeasible in practice today
5 years ago
actOpus wrote:
About item 1: A simple sql query running in a scheduled task can handle this for you. Besides: You can ask consent using the tmotion plugin if you really want.

GDPR is not about killing online business! It's about misuse and abuse of consumer data. As long as you only use the personal data to fulfill that specific order, and nothing more!!!, then you're clear. Delete as soon as legally possible. In Nop: after 4-5 weeks, in your financial program: After 7-8 years.

However, as modern themes use google fonts, material icons etc beware that those third parties can get information your customers would not like to share... So do not link to external resources but place it all on your own server.

Yeap, but GDPR tmotions plugin overwriting newsletter... so we have consent in this place, but GDPR plugin not suport nopcommerce core newsletter... so people agree to receive newsletter and... nothing… or they go to their profile to change they disagree and again nothing change… of course in GDPR plugin it's looks fantastic, but for all widget/nopcommerce this change don't exist...

If i good understand now we should instal/write second plugin where we connect GDPR with all nopcommerce/ecommerce logic… but i don't found nothing similiar... So today for us and all other(?) nop users, it's mean we should stop all marketing automation/newsletter :/ or maybe someone create plugin / solution how it's possible to connect this two "worlds"?
5 years ago
Hmm… anybody use this plugin? I just click "delete user" and our server is going down (azure… error 500) ...

I'm wondering its only our problem, or other people have similiar problem? [ we don't have too much user record…]

Edit: After restart, i click delete user… server thinking… reload page and... don't show Delete Page… if i click again… i think server go down again… Don't know why. Earlier it's work… :|

Have someone similiar problem?
5 years ago
Zyje_sobie wrote:
I'm wondering its only our problem, or other people have similiar problem?

The most simple way to check if it is related to yours, would be to create new fresh and independence installation from your current - so simply download again nopCommerce sources, and even use VS to create test environment. There you may create few extra users and check if you will be able to reproduce issue. If not, that is something with your installation, so I would start to upload all your plugins to test environment and check again if it would be able to reproduce (the most common issue is related to conflict with another plugin, that is why I would start with this step).

Regards,
Tom
5 years ago
I agree with nop4you

Create a fresh new nop instance and install plugin there to replicate the issue. If you continue to experience the same problem then it is probably a plugin issue.
5 years ago
A2Hosting_Liaison wrote:
I agree with nop4you

Create a fresh new nop instance and install plugin there to replicate the issue. If you continue to experience the same problem then it is probably a plugin issue.

This is a bug of this plugin (i think)… I hope Nopcommerce make it much, much better…

1. Server going down because when you click Delete User Informatio… it's start dowload ALL users from database (from all years...). No pagination, nothing. You have dropdown list, where don't work search, and nothing... so good luck with find customer when we have thousands records. ;] Nevermind. But by use this solution, when you click this in 2-3 different windows (because you think it's don't work) then you kill your server ;) Maybe we have old version this plugin and it's fixed, but don't see another discussion about GDPR … and information from tMotions… Solution: don't click this ;)

2. Second problem. Few minutes ago I just tried delete data. I sign in by consumer. Go to my profile. I click delete my data. Receive token. CLick ok. And we think all it's ok, all data are deleted... Not really ;)... when i go to newsletter subscriber, and paste "deleted email" our client is still active newsletter subscriber… Now it's not a problem, i know it's doesn't work, and I can delete it by myself... but what with clients who sign in, and clicked delete information, and after this i send them email...? I breaking the law...  who pay for this?

3. Also tHis plugin have 0 support for theme users. No widget zones, no any possibility to manage where we want show this. No classes, no widhet zones, nothing... "hard coded" places and ruined all design (two themes) ;] I know it's for free… but i really want to pay for something what work and i don't have risk to pay penalty...
5 years ago
I think you should share your feedback with the plugin developer / provider. (try emailing them). May be they will look into fixing the issues.
5 years ago
I talk with them earlier, but in 25 may… so maybe they have lots email. But maybe i should try again.
5 years ago
Looks like they have responded back to some users on the plugin page (in marketplace).

I see your comments too...
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.