Tax is calculated on pre-discount amount

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
it's a mess for sure, I don't think anyone can be releasing a live site using 1.6 / 1.7 unless they are not using discounts at all.
13 years ago
This issue is related to "Applied to order subtotal" discounts. They're not taxable now. But this issue will be fixed in the next release. This discount type will be applied to order total (not order subtotal).
13 years ago
Andrei, that's great - any chance of releasing the fix before then ? (ok, I see you linked to pre-release version - I'll look in that now...)

I have two sites that really need to go live, after me heavily recommending NOP Commerce to my clients
13 years ago
nopCommerce team | a.m. wrote:
This issue is related to "Applied to order subtotal" discounts. They're not taxable now. But this issue will be fixed in the next release. This discount type will be applied to order total (not order subtotal).

By order total do you mean that the discount will be applied to shipping and payment fees as well?

BR
Joakim
13 years ago
jockesoft wrote:

By order total do you mean that the discount will be applied to shipping and payment fees as well?

BR
Joakim

I don't think that will be the case, the issue is more to do with order sub-total, discount and tax rate calculation. Shipping & payment fees should not be affected
13 years ago
I really hope you are correct, just got spooked when I noticed "order total"...

BR
Joakim
13 years ago
nopCommerce team | a.m. wrote:

This is very problematic for those of us being hosted by goDaddy as we CANNOT even install 1.70 at the moment until goDaddy gets with the program and starts using asp.net 4.0.

Any chance anyone can post just a "patch" for 1.60 given how many store fronts depend on discount programs and can't use nopcommerce until and unless this is fixed?
13 years ago
I implemented the fix suggested by the nopCommerce team, and this is really not a fix for the tax issue, the discount is now worse since the tax is still incorrect but also the discount is applied to both shipping and additional payment fee.

Test before:
Subtotal:  9,00 kr  
Discount:  -1,61 kr  
Shipping:  25,00 kr  
Payment  fee:  15,00 kr  
Tax:  8,96 kr  (tax is incorrect)
To pay:  47,39 kr

After the fix is implemented:
Subtotal:  9,00 kr  
Shipping:  25,00 kr  
Payment  fee:  15,00 kr  
Tax:  8,96 kr  (tax is still incorrect)
Discount:  -9,80 kr  
To pay:  39,20 kr  

So my question back to the nopcommerce team is, will there be an official fix for the tax issue?

I mean that the Tax should be based on (Subtotal - Discount) and not as today (1.60 & 1.70) always based on Subtotal?

br
Joakim
13 years ago
yeah, join the club. As far as I can see the discount should be applied to the NET subtotal, tax makes this a bit tricky

e.g.

Cart item1 (taxable) £40.00
Cart item2 (non-taxable) £10.00

Cart Subtotal : £50.00
Cart Discount 10% : £5.00

Cart Taxable Subtotal (inc Discount) : £36.00
Sales Tax at 10% : £3.60
Cart Taxable Total : £39.60

Non Taxable Total  (inc Discount) : £9.00

Grand Total (Cart Taxable Total + Non Taxable Total): £48.60

This example includes taxable and non-taxable items, which is probably as complex as it can gets - and seems to work just fine, UNTIL you start having addtional discounts at the variant level
13 years ago
Can anyone provide some feedback about 'our' (not NC's) fix  for the Tax calculations on discount. the people who PM'd me for the fix that is.

What I want to know:

- Does it fix the discount issues.
- Did you encounter other issues after applying the fix. If so, can you explain what exactly is going wrong or what it does not do. (examples).
- Did someone try to implement it into NC170 and what did you encounter.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.