Partial Trust

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Hi - I'm having a similar problem. I just got this back from my hosting provider:

The windows hosting platform has the security model of "Medium Trust" for ASP.net.

In a Medium Trust environment, the use of ReflectionPermission is greatly restricted and you will have to limit your reflection to public members only.

I came across this post on a different website which may give an indication of what needs to be done ... http://www.west-wind.com/WebLog/posts/5587.aspx.

Now I don't what exactly in NOPCommerce needs to be changed, but I'll keep looking. If anyone can point me in the right direction tho in the mean time, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
14 years ago
noticed the same today, lookin into using the above fix...
14 years ago
Agh this is so frustrating, i was supposed to present this site today!! and ive only just noticed that i cant add products and categories because of this problem!!!

The site works everywhere else but adding and editing products and categories
14 years ago
Such a shame that nopCommerce creators are not replying, its obviously a hot topic having 1000 views.
14 years ago
Hi,

Did someone manage to get this to work ??
14 years ago
I dont think the creators care, i have to run all my updates from my local machine which connects to my web db. They should make a standard mediumtrust web.config like an open source cms called mojo that i use.
14 years ago
The same error with my page also host with softsyshosting . ? Their hosting have medium trust level. Anyone can help identify the problem, I using Nop 1.4
14 years ago
Same problem as well.
14 years ago
add at yours web.config
<system.web>
    <identity impersonate="true" userName="yoursharedhostusername" password="yoursharedhostpassword"/>
</system.web>
14 years ago
Hi spaccabit

Like the others earlier have said, there should be a standard web.config which will work in Medium trust environments where Reflection Permissions are disabled.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms998341.aspx

Thanks for the tip, but I am on a shared hosting platform, and I am unsure if they can provide me with that information. I have asked them and I will keep this post updated with results.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.