nopCommerce 1.80 is coming in 8 days. Beta testers needed.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
hello,

I clicked on the link indicated and opens the page from codeplex.
After where I click to download the beta version 1.8?
13 years ago
I'm testing the back-order functions.
So far I have found that the product variant has some additional fields for this and have set the following properties:

Manage Stock:  Track inventory for this product
Stock quantity:  1
Display stock availability:  YES  
Display stock quantity:  YES
Minimum stock quantity:  0  
Low stock activity:  Nothing
Backorders:  Allow qty below 0 and notify customer

Having done this I have placed an order for this product and ordered 5 pieces. I was able to order this, which is corresponding to the settings. But what I don't see is a way to inform the customer or any form of backorder notification or report for the administrator who handles the orders.

Any help or documentation is appreciated.

Rgds,
Marcel
13 years ago
garyw5 wrote:
Will there be a new users guide available for the release?

Yes, the new user guide will be available

garyw5 wrote:
Also, do you get a break on the price of the new guide if you just purchased the 1.7 version yesterday?

No
13 years ago
luidgi wrote:
I clicked on the link indicated and opens the page from codeplex.
After where I click to download the beta version 1.8?

1. Go to codeplex site
3. Click 'Download' link below 'Latest Release' (right column)
13 years ago
linkXperts wrote:
I'm testing the back-order functions.
...But what I don't see is a way to inform the customer or any form of backorder notification or report for the administrator who handles the orders.

Customer is notified on product details page- 'Out of Stock - on backorder and will be despatched once in stock' ('Products.Backordering' locale string resource)
13 years ago
nopCommerce team | a.m. wrote:

Customer is notified on product details page- 'Out of Stock - on backorder and will be despatched once in stock' ('Products.Backordering' locale string resource)

Ok. I was expecting a bit more, I guess.

If we offer backorder support in the ecommerce apps we have developped today, we implement it with the following functions.
- Admin can set products to status 'In backorder' within the details of an order.
- Customer is informed via email ('Your order was partially send' or 'Your order will be send once completely in stock')
- Packing slip contains products that are send and that are in backorder, with a remark saying so.
- Admin cannot set order to complete if products are in backorder.
- Admin can run report with all products currently in backorder, with order number etc.

In my opinion, you can't really use the term 'Backorder support' for the function that is implemented in 1.80. That is merely an extended out-of-stock indicator.

I will create a work item on codeplex for this.

And to end with something positive: I really love the way you have implemented the order input for administrators. The 'Impersonating' function is a really usable new feature for developpers. Thanks!
I will continue testing the other new things.
13 years ago
Hello Andrei,

the file is nopCommerce-56680.zip, right?
The folder with the beta version is trunk, right?

I ask this because when I try to run http://localhost/Beta/NopCommerceStore/Install/install.aspx gives the following error

Compiler Error Message: CS0246: The type or namespace name 'NopSolutions' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Source Error:

Line 60:<add namespace="NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Audit.UsersOnline"/>
Line 61:      <add namespace="NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Categories"/>
Line 62:  <add namespace="NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Configuration.Settings"/>
Line 63:     <add namespace="NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Content.Blog"/>
Line 64:     <add namespace="NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Content.Forums"/>

Source File: c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Beta\NopCommerceStore\web.config    Line: 62
13 years ago
luidgi wrote:
the file is nopCommerce-56680.zip, right?
The folder with the beta version is trunk, right?

Correct

luidgi wrote:
Compiler Error Message: CS0246: The type or namespace name 'NopSolutions' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Compile your application before uploading it to your Internet server
13 years ago
Thanks.

Here are the 1st impressions:

- Display Availability
  No error, but in my view is wrong.
  If an item has:
    > Stock: 0
    > Display Stock availability: Yes
    > Backorders: Alow Qty <0

In the store comes Availability: In stock
  It was the same in v1.70.
  In v1.7 it was possible to change so I hope that the v1.8 is also possible to change.

- SKU
  After purchasing, e-mail that the client and the administrator receives the purchase does not come SKU in the product details.
  It was important at least to the administrator receives the sku. It is easier to identify the product.
  If possible also find important information emerging stock availability.
  Is related to the previous point.
  In the administration, I think it also important to see the sku in the details of purchase.

- Discount Prices

If the product has a rebate comes in the 1st display the final price discount. If the client visualize the details, then there is the old and new price.
In my view, the 1st display should also occur the old and the new price. Identical when the item has no discount, but the field has filled the old price and price.

Thus draws more attention by the product being promoted.

- wishlist
  If I log in, when I click wishlist or add any product to wishlist appears the following message "Your wishlist URL for sharing:
  http://localhost/beta/nopcommercestore/wishlist.aspx?customerguid=18c4f7dc-2964-41db-9611-8a313bf672d3 "

- Shipping
- I'm sorry it still does not exist, the module "Fixed Price Shipping by Country"

- Discount with coupon

If you set up a discount that:
    > Product Price is 10 eur
    > Discount amount: 2 (eur)
    > Requires coupon code: Yes
    > Coupon Code: 123

When we visualize the product emerges price with discount (8 euro).
  From my point of view is wrong. The price is 10 (eur).
  If the client fill in the coupon code discount, you'll be entitled to a discount so the price is 8 euro.
  For customers without the coupon code, the price is 10 eur

Best regards
13 years ago
I think this 2 lines at QBXMLHelper.cs are generating a error if the user billing/shipping address doesn't have a StateProvince defined.

elCustomerAdd.AppendChild(CreateAddressNode(xml, "BillAddress", billAddr.Address1, billAddr.Address2, billAddr.City, billAddr.StateProvince.Name, billAddr.ZipPostalCode, billAddr.Country.Name));

elCustomerAdd.AppendChild(CreateAddressNode(xml, "ShipAddress", shipAddr.Address1, shipAddr.Address2, shipAddr.City, shipAddr.StateProvince.Name, shipAddr.ZipPostalCode, shipAddr.Country.Name));
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.