nopCommerce 1.80 is coming in 8 days. Beta testers needed.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
roger wrote:
I think this 2 lines at QBXMLHelper.cs are generating a error if the user billing/shipping address doesn't have a StateProvince defined.

Thanks for info. It'll be fixed
13 years ago
Hello,

Little suggestion about return request in the area of administration.
In the details of the request to place a button that allowed just send an e-mail about the status of their request.

Ex: The state of the application was changed to canceled. Just click the button to send an email to inform the client that the the request had been rejected.

Best regards
13 years ago
Impressed as always with the amount & quality of work you do Andrie - it's always a pleasure to play with a new release.

1st look tonight:

I think there are a couple of issues with the new 'minimum order amount' feature

eg

1) postage costs
the minimum order amount is set at £300

customer orders £200 and postage is £100  : the order is allowed to go through because the cost of postage is also taken into consideration

-I believe this is a flaw in the logic - the order should have been rejected because it was only for £200 - the postage should always be applied on top of a minimum order amount

2) discounts applied to an order :
the customer orders £350 and is entitled to some discount (  maybe this also applies if they use a Gift Card ? I didn't check) this brings the order down to eg £299

the order value  is considered to low by the cart

-I believe this is also a flaw in the logic - if the original order value (before discount/voucher) is over the minimum order amount then the amount is valid and the order should go through even if the total after the discount is less than the minimum order amount

3) If the minimum order value is not is reached, currently the customer is informed of this at the [b]final step of the checkout process - which means he/she must  order more items and go through the full checkout process again.[/b]

-I think the best place for this validation to happen (using an alert box) would be on the shopping cart page, when the customer clicks 'checkout' button ( the logic checks the total+the savings) before shipping is applied and crucially, before the customer begins the checkout process

Best regards,

Hayden
13 years ago
Quite extensive, you guys have been busy!  Does the upgrade process include rebuilding the store?  What is the eta for 1.90?  You are really putting these out fast!  
also:  I have a request for the next version.  When creating a new customer in Admin or Registering a customer please add re-use of the Customer Info for the Billing and Shipping information.
Great job!
13 years ago
haydie wrote:
I think there are a couple of issues with the new 'minimum order amount' feature

I think that best solution will be to add one more option - 'Order sub-total inimum amount' in the further releases
13 years ago
nopCommerce team | a.m. wrote:
1. Go to codeplex site
3. Click 'Download' link below 'Latest Release' (right column)

Hello,
I could not get this link to download the Beta to test it. Can you please help?
Thanks,
Anup
13 years ago
Link: http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets

Click Donwload at right column.
The trunk folder contains 1.8 beta version
13 years ago
luidgi wrote:
Link: http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets

Click Donwload at right column.
The trunk folder contains 1.8 beta version

Thank you, i got it..
13 years ago
thx for the update!

Will there be a new table: Nop_PaymentMethodLocalized?
13 years ago
nopCommerce team | a.m. wrote:
I think that best solution will be to add one more option - 'Order sub-total inimum amount' in the further releases

I think the flaws seem to be logical bugs which can't be left behind, especially postage being counted issue. Andrei, don't worry too much about your release date. I think most of us can wait another 10 days or so. Even Microsoft often delays release dates of their products.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.