Color & Size variables

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
This feature is already implemented and will be available in the next release
14 years ago
Outstanding news. Any estimated release date?
14 years ago
Woo hoooooo ..

Good stuff Andrei
14 years ago
Yes, will definitely be looking for this in the next release.

THANKS!
14 years ago
I am stuck with this myself. I actually came to the forum looking for a solution. I sell shoes where one product code will refer to about twenty sizes for children and adults and come in three to four colours. It will be cluttered if variants are added to each combination. This is the workaround I plan to use for now because I really need stock control. Use a separate product for each colour, (black, tan, white etc) and a separate product for the category of sizing (toddler, child, adult). The stock quantity will be set to 1; when the size is sold, remove from display if out of stock, or leave on the page if in stock. This will take a lot of management but my store is small and this will work for now.
14 years ago
Just saw that the feature was implemented. Great! Looking forward to it!
13 years ago
What I've done as a "work around" is to add a code in front of each individual "Product Variant Attributes" in my drop down menus. For example;

Colours
(AA) Red
(BB) Blue
(CC) Green

Sizes
(01) Small
(02) Medium
(03) Large

So when you go to my "Order Details > Products" I get to see the Colour & Size coding. I know this won't help you with inventory control but at least your staff will be able to pick the right product for the order.

Now if we can only have the SKU no. appear beside the product name on this screen!
13 years ago
13 years ago
are there any updates on whether this is now available?
13 years ago
bklooste wrote:
Any update on how this work with stock quantity ?

Ben

You can do this with Product Attributes:
1) Define Product Attributes admin>attributes>product attributes

2) define attribute combinations and stock in admin>catalog>manage products>edit/add a product>ProductVariants (SKU)>add new/view Variant>Product Variant Atributtes in the Attributes & Attributes tabs

See how to define the combinations with its pecific stock in:
http://admin-demo.nopcommerce.com/administration/ProductVariantDetails.aspx?ProductVariantID=58
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.