Email Configuration

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I have searched the forum and used the same info as provided.  However I get the following error when I try to send a test email to make sure it works.

Error:
The lblSendTestEmailResult.Text get the following value: The specified string is not in the form required for an e-mail address.

Email address:     [email protected]
Email display name:   General contact
Host:   mail.yrac.org
Port:   25
User:   [email protected]
Password:   ******
Enable SSL:   unchecked
Use default credentials:   unchecked

I am using arvixe and even talked with their tech support.  They said all my information was correct.  Please help as we cannot go live with our store until we can these emails working.

Here is also the info from the log:
Message:      Error sending e-mail. The specified string is not in the form required for an e-mail address.
t Exception:   System.FormatException: The specified string is not in the form required for an e-mail address. at System.Net.Mail.MailAddressParser.ReadCfwsAndThrowIfIncomplete(String data, Int32 index) at System.Net.Mail.MailAddressParser.ParseDomain(String data, Int32& index) at System.Net.Mail.MailAddressParser.ParseAddress(String data, Boolean expectMultipleAddresses, Int32& index) at System.Net.Mail.MailAddressParser.ParseAddress(String data) at System.Net.Mail.MailAddress..ctor(String address, String displayName, Encoding displayNameEncoding) at System.Net.Mail.MailMessage..ctor() at NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Messages.MessageManager.SendEmail(String subject, String body, MailAddress from, MailAddress to, List`1 bcc, List`1 cc, EmailAccount emailAccount) at NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Messages.SendQueuedMessagesTask.Execute(XmlNode node)
13 years ago
Hello Dan,

I just read your message in my inbox..

i visited this link "mail.yrac.org" and this is a correct link which means you created your mailbox correctly.

Is this your nopCommerce based website "www.yrac.org" ? doesn't look like nopCommerce and it seems like you are using mailbox account of your different website domain name on your nopCommerce based website.

It is possible to figure out if there is some problem with your code or mailbox.

Do you have gmail account ? If yes, test your mail setting with gmail mail setting:

Store Admin Email: [email protected]
Store Admin Email Display Name: YOURSTORENAME OR Any name you want
Host:  smtp.gmail.com
Port:  587
User:  [email protected]
Password:   PasswordOfYourGmailAccount
Enable SSL:  Yes [Check Mark]
Use default credentials: DO NO CHECK , LEAVE IT UN-CHECKED

NOW save your settings.

After saving, now try sending a test e-mail, it should work ( by this you can make sure that your code is working fine)

If you want i can test your arvixe mail setting for you, just change your password to something else and provide me the credentials and once i am done testing your mail settings, i'll let you know and you can change your mailbox password again...

Let me know...
13 years ago
That still didn't work.  I am getting the same error.  I did just install the code on my machine locally and it worked, so it looks like it is a problem with my email settings with Arxive.  

I will PM you the login info
13 years ago
Hello Dan,

when you installed the nopCommerce store locally on your machine you did the fresh download of 1.8 version? or you are using same code that you are using on your hosting server ?
13 years ago
Same code.  I installed it by using vs2010.  I loaded the solution and then clicked view in browser on install/index.aspx.  When I uploaded to arxive, I uploaded all files within NopCommerceStore folder of the full code version. Then went to the website and followed the install pages.

Once difference, locally I had it create my database where on arxive, I had already created one.
13 years ago
ok Dan, give me few minutes as i am testing few things on your account to see what can be done to make it work ok, and i will get back to you here...
13 years ago
Dan, i just sent you a PM, waiting for your reply
13 years ago
Just sent you a PM with the info requested
13 years ago
yes dan i got your pm..thanks
testing your code....
13 years ago
Hello Dan,

i have testing everything and still e-mail is throwing this error "The specified string is not in the form required for an e-mail address."

I even created fresh database in your account for nopCommerce , replaced your complete "Administration" section code with new fresh install code and still it is throwing this error. Which mean nothing is wrong with your database and code.

There is no problem with Arvixe mailboxes also as they work fine locally.

After testing everything, I think i know the problem,

As, you have created a folder  for nopCommerce website within your current website as yourwebsite.com/store/

Seems like it is inheriting assemblies from your current website.... as your current website is completely different from nopCommerce website

Usually you get this error message when you move from the System.Web.Mail (.net 1.1) to System.Net.Mail (.net 2.0)

and seems like in your current website "http://www.yrac.org" you are using
System.Web.Mail
and in nopCommerce it is
System.Net.Mail

so it seems like nopCommerce is inhering something from your current website which is causing this problem and throwing this error message...

---Solution ----
You can do one thing, download a fresh copy of nopCommerce 1.8

login to your Arvixe Account , create a subdomain (something like danstore.yrac.org), and install the nopCommerce1.8 in your subdomain by which your nopCommerce will be separated from your current website. (As, when you create subdomain , it gives you a new wwwroot folder, so you are creating just like  a new website with new wwwroot folder with is separated / completely different from your root website)

and then try sending the e-mail and hopefully it will work...
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.