Email Configuration

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Mike,
  Thank you so much.  I am still in my first year of learning .NET.  Would you suggest I change my instances to System.Web.Mail to System.Net.Mail?  My site was created using vs2010 and running under the .NET 4.0 framework.
13 years ago
Hello Dan,
as your current website is live and running fine, i won't suggest you to change anything in your website, as i suggested creating sub domain, that's a good solution by which you can run 2 websites in same domain http://www.yrac.org, so your primary website will be http://www.yrac.org and nopCommerce store will be on sub domain something like www.DanStore.yrac.org

as you are in learning phase of asp.net, i run a forum based website where i help everything with any kind of programming based questions. If you face any problem in asp.net or any other programming language, you can post your question on my website forums and i will surely reply back with a solution. My website : www.strivingprogrammers.com
13 years ago
I just did a search for System.Web.Mail in my source code and it did not come up with any matches.  Here is my web config file.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!--
  For more information on how to configure your ASP.NET application, please visit
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=169433
  -->
<configuration>
  <system.web>
    <compilation debug="true">
      <assemblies>
        <add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
        <add assembly="System.ServiceModel.Activation, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
        <add assembly="System.Runtime.Serialization, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
        <add assembly="System.Web.ApplicationServices, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
        <add assembly="System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
        <add assembly="System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
        <add assembly="System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
        <add assembly="System.ServiceModel, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
        <add assembly="System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
        <add assembly="System.Web.Services, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
        <add assembly="System.Data, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
        <add assembly="System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
        <add assembly="System.Data.Linq, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
        <add assembly="System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
        <add assembly="System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
        <add assembly="System.ServiceModel.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
        <add assembly="System.Data.Services.Client, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
        <add assembly="System.Data.Services.Design, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
        <add assembly="System.Data.Entity, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
        <add assembly="System.Design, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
        <add assembly="System.Web.DynamicData, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
        <add assembly="System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
        <add assembly="System.Web.Entity, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
        <add assembly="System.Xml.Linq, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
        <add assembly="System.Web.Extensions.Design, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/></assemblies>
    </compilation>
  </system.web>
  <system.net>
    <mailSettings>
      <smtp from="outgoing.verizon.net">
        <network host="outgoing.verizon.net" port="587" userName="username" password="password" defaultCredentials="false"/>
      </smtp>
    </mailSettings>
  </system.net>
</configuration>
13 years ago
Hello Dan,

it's not possible to resolve the issue just by looking at webconfig, as i mentioned in my previous messages that there is a possibility that assemblies of your both website might be coinciding with each other. It seems like nopCommerce is inheriting properties of assemblies from the bin folder of you current website as both (you current website and nopCommerce) are 2 different type of web projects.

Sometimes you get this error "“The specified string is not in the form required for an e-mail address.”  due to issues with your mailbox like (using invalid mailbox, typing mistake etc )
There are few examples available online:
http://blog.cloudspotting.co.uk/2010/03/25/the-specified-string-is-not-in-the-form-required-for-an-e-mail-address/

http://forums.asp.net/t/987948.aspx

But in your case, it's obvious that e-mail address is correct as we have tested gmail which is 100% correct and we have tested your all mailbox locally also which means there is no issue with mailboxes/e-mail addresses that we are using.

This blog mentioned that If you have recently moved from the System.Web.Mail (.net 1.1) to System.Net.Mail (.net 2.0), you might get this error message : http://rstew.blogspot.com/2007/06/specified-string-is-not-in-form.html

So i as mentioned above there should be a conflict due to 2 different projects in same root folder and nopCommerce project is inheriting assemblies from your root website.
13 years ago
I will take a look at the assemblies  and code of your current website.
In the mean while you can test nopCommerce website by creating a sub domain and see if it works that way or not.
Let me know if you need any help for creating sub domain.
13 years ago
I could use some guidance in setting up the store on the subdomain.  I have uploaded the files to the subdomain store.yrac.org, but I cannot get the install pages to load.  You can still log into my account to check and see what I did.
13 years ago
ok Dan i will take a look at it, in the mean while do not visit your subdomain, as while making any change and you're trying to view at the same time, it could corrupt your database/project, so when i am done i will let you know here ok
13 years ago
I am out of my control panel
13 years ago
ok Dan guess what ?

I figured the problem absolutely correct, that was the exact problem that i told you earlier.

After struggling for so many hours...everything's fixed now,

I deleted everything in your subdomain, re-installed everything with correct configuration and debugged the code to see everything is working or not

after setting up everything, i used your mailbox that you and i created at arvixe

now both mailboxes are working on your store, gmail as well as arvixe

I just sent few test e-mail at your gmail account

You can check your online at : http://store.yrac.org/

You can use default login information to go in admin section and change it to your e-mail address and your choice of password for login.

You can test sending e-mails from your store and now you can go live and start your online store website...

Finally your issues has been resolved...Hurreyyy.. hehe.. ..
13 years ago
Thank you very much
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.