update version 1.40 to version 1.80 failed

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hello,

I tried to update version 1.40 to version 1.80. I did download the nopCommerce_1.80_Source.rar, extracted it to my harddrive and did upload it via FTP (the files from \NopCommerceStore\ to the root of my webspace), overwriting the files of the existing version (after backing up all files) and tried "www.domain/install/install.aspx" to start the installation/update, but the following message apeared:

Server Error in '/' Application.
Configuration Error
(...)
Source File: \root\web.config Line: 24

Okay, I had the idea to replace that file web.config with the old one, I did backup before. The Error didn't come up anymore, but another one:

Server Error in '/' Application.
Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. This assembly is built by a runtime newer
than the currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded.

Well, I did restore the shop at first as ist was before (the version 1.40) and everything does run as usual. My idea was to have a look at the files in the /Install-folder, especially in the subfolder /Scripts. Here I did found subfolders for version 1.50 up to 1.80 including the file nopCommerce_upgrade.sql, but no subdirectory for version 1.40. Probably this is the problem. If it is so: how can this be solved? Is the previous version (1.70) having the ability to update from version 1.40, so I could do it in two steps: the second step could be to update from version 1.70 to version 1.80 then. In this case: where can I find the files of version 1.70?

For your answer, I thank you in advance.

Regards,
Christian
13 years ago
did you upgrade your database ?
have a read here
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/6478/cumulative-upgrade-scripts.aspx
13 years ago
haydie wrote:

Thank's for your answer! Well, you did recognize, I'm a newbee and pushed me into the right direction: meanwhile, I did have a look at the tread, where the hint is given to "install 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, and 1.8 scripts in sequential order" and I did watch the videos according installation and upgrading nopCommerce. Unfortunally this didn't solve my problem. At first, I thought, it would be a good idea to upload the new files again and start the scripts at first. I tried the 1.5 script, but this didn't work ("File not found" was the error then). Okay, I thounght the situation is as a fresh install - the complete bunch of files uploaded and then it should be possible to start "http://www.domain.ext/Install/install.aspx" and then lets see, what happens, but the installation-wizzard didn't come up and the earlier desribed error-message apeared:

[quote]Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'targetFramework'. Note that attribute names are case-sensitive.

Source Error:

Line 22:       <error statusCode="404" redirect="filenotfound.htm"/>
Line 23:     </customErrors>
Line 24:     <compilation debug="true" targetFramework="4.0">
Line 25:       <expressionBuilders>
Line 26:         <add expressionPrefix="NopResources" type="NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Localization.NopResourceExpressionBuilder, Nop.BusinessLogic"/>

Source File: D:\FTP\324750_de\web\web.config    Line: 24
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4206; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4209[/quote]

I'm shure I did everything the right way, but no way ...is it possible that the .NET Framework Version does not fit with the nopCommerce installation? As far as I can see, this is an older version of .NET Framework, installed on the server of my provider. If it is so, I would contact my provider as the next step.

Any hint is appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Christian
13 years ago
hello Christian

the error message that you are getting is telling you that 1.8version requires 4.0 framework and it seems like your hosting company doesn't not support 4.0 framework.

I guess your hosting company only supports upto 3.5 framework.

all versions of nopCommerce upto 1.6 requires 3.5 framework

1.7 and 1.8 versions requires 4.0 framework.

Talk to your hosting company, if they don't provide/support 4.0 framework then you have 2 options:

1) either update your website to 1.6version

2) or change your hosting company and looks for that hosting company that provides/support 4.0 framework (Like: Arvixe or Softsys Hosting, LLC )
13 years ago
abcd_12345 wrote:
hello Christian
the error message that you are getting is telling you that 1.8version requires 4.0 framework and it seems like your hosting company doesn't not support 4.0 framework.(...)Talk to your hosting company(...)

Hello Mike-nickname,
thank you for your answer: yes, indeed, this had been the problem and I did ask my provider to upgrade to ASP.NET 4.0 framework. They did it immediately. The Installation-wizard started, but when I did ask to upgrade that version, the message "Upgrade script from your version '1.10' to '1.80' is not available" came up. Okay, I've read the advisings above and here: https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/6478/cumulative-upgrade-scripts.aspx, but how to use these upgrade scripts?  I found a tread, where it is told to run "it over a current database using servermanagement studio". If that means to copy the content of the script and paste it in the SQL Server Management Studio as a new SQL Querry, this shouldn't be a problem, but ...the Installation-wizard shows the information: "Upgrade script from your version '1.10' to '1.80' is not available". I can't understand this, because the former nopCommerce-Version showed on the admin-panel, it has been version 1.40. If this message is right, I would need upgrade-scripts for version 1.20, 1.30 and 1.40 to upgrade the database in a sequenzial order. Is that right?
Mmmmh... could you give me another hint? I did buy your user guide and did search the forum, but I didn't find any here.
Again thank you for your kind help.
Christian
13 years ago
Hello People at nopCommerce,
I ran the update-script \Install\Scripts\1.50\nopCommerce_upgrade.sql in SQL Server Management Studio, but it resulted in a bunch of failures (although some operations came up with a positive result). Obviously the database hasn't been updated formerly and was a 1.10 one.
Do there exist scripts for upgrading the database from 1.10 to 1.20, from 1.20 to 1.30 and from 1.30 to 1.40? It seems, I do need these ones in addition to the existing ones in the nopCommerce 1.80 files.
Thanks in advance for your reply,
Christian
13 years ago
Finally I could do the upgrade of the database from version 1.00 in a sequencial order, using the scripts which are contained in the download of nopCommerce_1.40_NoSource.rar (here I did find the missing scrips) and the ones, which are contained in the actual version 1.80.
My problem is solved and many thanks for your hints which leaded ne to that happy end.
Regards,
Christian
13 years ago
Christian Brand wrote:
Finally I could do the upgrade of the database from version 1.00 in a sequencial order, using the scripts which are contained in the download of nopCommerce_1.40_NoSource.rar (here I did find the missing scrips) and the ones, which are contained in the actual version 1.80.
My problem is solved and many thanks for your hints which leaded ne to that happy end.
Regards,
Christian

Good to know that everything is working fine at your side....
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.