BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi, I am using nopcommerce 1.6 i was unable to the backup. It rising the error                                                                " Cannot open backup device 'D:\hshome\aspire99\1store.in\Administration\backups\database_2010-11-02-06-59-15_7229.bak'. Operating system error 3(The system cannot find the path specified.). BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally. "
13 years ago
Is the database hosted on the same machine?
13 years ago
I always get the same error on my local machine and on a hosted sever - a few other have reported it also ( and others have it working successfully) but  so far nobody has got to the bottom of how to get around it - even tried setting write permissions in the directory but so far no go
13 years ago
alwoodjs wrote:
Is the database hosted on the same machine?

Thanks for your replay ...

Yes i am using the same host for database .To resolve these problems i tried all the possible ways what i had..Even it is not working in local machine also. I had changed administration folder permissions too...No use.

Is it the bug  yet to fix in nopcommerce.
13 years ago
haydie wrote:
I always get the same error on my local machine and on a hosted sever - a few other have reported it also ( and others have it working successfully) but  so far nobody has got to the bottom of how to get around it - even tried setting write permissions in the directory but so far no go

The reason I ask is that this did not work for me. I have my website on one machine and my sql server on another .
What I found was that the backup was trying to write to the file located on the sql server. That file did not exist.
When I created the folders on the sql machine the backup worked. It wrote to the folder on the sql machine.

Still not able to get the import products working. Another issue.
13 years ago
Not working for me too.

I think my application is in a different server of Database. It might be a reason?

Thanks,
Humberto
13 years ago
I just wanted to reply to this thread:

I ran into the same issue, and my resolution was to create the EXACT path on the SQL server. (My website, and SQL server are located on different machines).

Once I did this.. my backups worked perfectly.
12 years ago
We were receiving the same error and got it working by re-creating the same file path on the MS SQL machine, which is a separate machine in our case. So, it does not bcakup to the web server, it backs up to the MS SQL server using the file path of the web server. If you're running the web server and database on the same machine it probably works just fine.

Paul Fuhrmeister
12 years ago
There is a simple solution to this, just add full rights to to folder for the user of MSSQL server
(in my case it is "sqlservicelogon")
7 years ago
Hi, dear
when I want to make back up in nop 3.80 , I have this error:
http://parsoweb.com/Capture.JPG[/url]

Cannot open backup device 'C:\HostingSpaces\parsoweb\eshop.parsoweb.com\wwwroot\Administration\db_backups\database_2016-12-27-20-10-46_8303.bak'. Operating system error 3(The system cannot find the path specified.). BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally

my datebase use in  windows panel
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.