Showing stock for multiple warehouses

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Hi

We have a few customers that want to display stock from multiple warehouses on the product and then let the customer choose which warehouse to buy from.

We can't seem to find a way of doing this or a plugin that addresses this requirement.  

Does anyone have a solution for this or will we have to custom code it?

many thanks

PS: This is ideally for v4.2, but we can also consider solutions for 3.9 and 4.1
4 years ago
Hi Jannie,

What about product attribute named "Warehouse" and manage stock by atrributes? Customer will be able to choose warehouse and with combinations you will be able to track stocks. It's not ideal solution, but as a workaround maybe it will work.

Best,
Patryk
4 years ago
Thank you for the response Patryk, appreciate the help

Unfortunately, that will not reduce the stock levels when other customers buy them

Regards
4 years ago
JdT wrote:
Thank you for the response Patryk, appreciate the help

Unfortunately, that will not reduce the stock levels when other customers buy them

Regards

Why not? If you set correct inventory tracking, it would work imho.

Regards
4 years ago
Ok, maybe I am missing something. Let us use an example:

SKU 123 is in stocked as follows  WHSE 1 = 5 in stock and WHSE 2 = 5 in stock, total = 10
We add and attribute Warehouse 1 with value 5 and an attribute Warehouse 2 with value 5 to the product

Customer  1 buys 5 and selects Warehouse 1 and completes the order.

If Customer 2 looks at the product won't he/she still see Warehouse 1 = 5 and Warehouse 2 = 5?

Regards
4 years ago
I think it should be attribute Warehouse and two values with warehouse names. Then in combinations you can specify stock. But maybe I'm missing something too.

Regards,
Patryk
4 years ago
Ok, will the stock in the attribute for warehouse 1 reduce when customer 1 places an order on warehouse 1, so customer 2 will see reduces stock levels?
4 years ago
Ok, will the stock in the attribute for warehouse 1 reduce when customer 1 places an order on warehouse 1, so customer 2 will see reduces stock levels?
4 years ago
JdT wrote:

Maybe I will show it on screenshots, because I don't know how can I described it better. I've created simple product, I've called it "Sample product", I've added 1 attribute "Warehouse" with 2 values "Warehouse 1" and "Warehouse 2". Both warehouses by default had 10 stock of sample product. First screenshot presents product view before purchase, warehouse 1 contains 10 items. Then I've selected track inventory by product attributes, marked two checkbox display availability and display stock quantity.

I've added to cart 1 item and finished the order. Then I've open store as a guest and below is the product view seen by guest customer with reduced 1 stock.

Is this what you were looking for?

Regards,
Patryk
4 years ago
Thanks Patryk,

Your solution works beautifully, but the problem we have is that the ERP integration populates the warehouse stock levels and not the product attribute stock levels.

Appreciate your help and effort thanks very much
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.