SSL Certification for nopCommerce

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I have a nopcommerce based website which is being hosted inhouse.

Now i want to have SSL Certificate on this website.

If anyone can advise me which SSL Certificate is better or best for nopcommerce website, i would deeply appreciate it !

Which hosting provider provides best SSL Certification plan with maximum security and better technical service ?
13 years ago
*bump*
13 years ago
Hi, if it's helpful,  I use  rapidssl certificates - I purchase through my hosts

softsys

and they insatall it for me - hassle free :)
13 years ago
Hi,

My website is being hosting in-house, how to install SSL certification, if i get SSL certification from softsys or rapidssl, will they install it on my server ?

what should i look for while buying ssl certification ?

one more thing how about Godaddy ? They have special ssl certification for e-commerce, because they are not 4.0 and full trust, will it affect my website or their ssl is not related to this isse ?
13 years ago
??
13 years ago
I just bought it from godaddy.com and Arvixe is installing it for me but I have to buy a dedicated ip which costs me 2$/month
13 years ago
How to install or activate ssl on the website in 1.9version ?

In web.config

I have to replace

<add key="UseSSL" value="false" />

with

<add key="UseSSL" value="true" />

ORRR I have to follow this method: https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/8240/nop-190-shared-ssl-issue.aspx ?
13 years ago
replace

<add key="UseSSL" value="false" />

with

<add key="UseSSL" value="true" />
13 years ago
While getting ssl certificate what should I keep in mind ? what's different btw shared and dedicated ssl? which one i should get ?

and if i just have to make the value true then why someone is doing this ? https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/3969/how-to-get-shared-ssl-to-work.aspx
13 years ago
no disrespect intended but if you are struggling with this are you sure that hosting a site in-house is the best option for you?

Keeping a site running properly and securely is more difficult than installing and setting up an SSL certificate. I would recommend paying for a "proper" webhost who can help you with this. That way you can put all the effort into making nopCommerce do what you want it to instead of having to wrestle with the basic setup of the server :)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.