SSL Certification for nopCommerce

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
SylverFyre wrote:
no disrespect intended but if you are struggling with this are you sure that hosting a site in-house is the best option for you?

Keeping a site running properly and securely is more difficult than installing and setting up an SSL certificate. I would recommend paying for a "proper" webhost who can help you with this. That way you can put all the effort into making nopCommerce do what you want it to instead of having to wrestle with the basic setup of the server :)

Hi there,

I am not struggling with anything, I am just asking why someone else is using this solution ? https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/3969/how-to-get-shared-ssl-to-work.aspx when configuring nopcommerce website with ssl is just one step (<add key="UseSSL" value="true" />  ).

Even if i host my website outside, still nobody is going to configure my website for using ssl, they can only install ssl certificate on IIS but in the end I have to make changes in my website (webconfig) for using ssl on my website and that's all i am asking. I just want to know everything before trying anything on the live website.
13 years ago
does rapid SSL offers DEDICATED SSL Certificate or SHARED SSL ? Nothing is mentioned on their website and their customer service don't know what is the difference between two ?

And

once I install ssl certificate on server, is it easy to remove it back from nopCommerce website and go back to default state?

Plz help
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.