2.00 & 2.10 ETA

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I am going start on new project where performance is huge issue. I am debating between magentocommerce and nopecommerce. I see nopecommerce performace is good but I have not seen any large sites powered by nopecommerce. I thought MVC route will be better option. The site I need to compete for performance is pond5. Their performance is top notch. The site is going to have 500+ products to start selling mp3 with average size of 4mb.

Can any nopecommerce guru tell me if nopecommerce can perform that well or point me to large site powered by nopecommerce.

Thanks
13 years ago
I was just wondering if category load speeds would be looked at for the new 2.0 release?

Thanks so much,
Tom
13 years ago
@tmahmud

have a look at https://www.nopcommerce.com/showcaseliveshops.aspx - many of the shops here have far in excess of that number of products

also, read this post
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/4472/rynesscouk-uk-electrical-retailers-19-uk-stores.aspx
13 years ago
I have a store with over 10,000 items and it worked fine, the project was scrapped due to time not NOP
13 years ago
I have a current project written in MVC2.  For the next phase, I need to implement an eCommerce solution.  nopCommerce appears to be a perfect fit for my needs.  I have a few questions.

1.  Is there a more concrete ETA for version 2.0 yet?

2.  Will BETA versions be available?  I need to get started on this solution.  Even a BETA version of this system may allow me to begin planning and initial development.

3.  I will need to implement a Payment Provider for PCCharge by VeriFone.  Is there a guide/wiki available for creating this provider.

4.  What advice would you give for my implementation.  I know I will need to upgrade my project to MVC3.  After that,  I will need to learn more about the Razor View engine.  Can I use the new Razor Views side-by-side with my existing aspx Views?  I need to have a plan in place to present this solution to my client.

Thank You,
Geoffrey
13 years ago
melton16 wrote:
I have a current project written in MVC2.  For the next phase, I need to implement an eCommerce solution.  nopCommerce appears to be a perfect fit for my needs.  I have a few questions.

1.  Is there a more concrete ETA for version 2.0 yet?

2.  Will BETA versions be available?  I need to get started on this solution.  Even a BETA version of this system may allow me to begin planning and initial development.

3.  I will need to implement a Payment Provider for PCCharge by VeriFone.  Is there a guide/wiki available for creating this provider.

4.  What advice would you give for my implementation.  I know I will need to upgrade my project to MVC3.  After that,  I will need to learn more about the Razor View engine.  Can I use the new Razor Views side-by-side with my existing aspx Views?  I need to have a plan in place to present this solution to my client.

Thank You,
Geoffrey

Just follow nopCommerce development in codeplex, and you will be up to date before any releases:
http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets
13 years ago
will there be any improvments on the checkout process by shortening the checkout steps? Some thing like

Address >> Shipping & Payment >> Review & Order

rater than

Shipping Address >> Billing Address >> Shipping Method >> Billing Method >> Payment Option >> Review >> Order

this seems pretty long.

thanks
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.