nopCommerce 4.30 BETA released. Please share your impressions

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
can somebody share a 4.3 nopcommerce site link?
I'm not a programmeer but I would still like to check the new features.

You can see the links as per the first post in this topic .

However, note that the no_source beta was posted two weeks ago, and there have been some updates and bug fixes since then that can only be had by downloading and compiling the latest source commit.  (They have not re-posted an updated no_source version)
4 years ago
Has anybody found an effective way to overwrite generic routes from within a plugin in beta 4.3? Seems things moved around since routing is now part of the middleware and the use of endpoints.  Any ideas and code samples on how to overwrite Generic Routes in 4.3? Thanx in advance.
4 years ago
Congratulations.....
4 years ago
Hi there,
Just installed this beta and have an issue when publishing to IIS ( full version - not express ).

Although the app is served fine - much faster now too :) - when I login as admin, I do not get the Administration link - no errors .
When I run from Visual Studio 2019 using "Nop.Web" I have the same problem - no error but no access to the Admin dashboard ... however if I run it via "Browser Link Dashboard", the login works and I do get access to Admin dashboard.   ????
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________
1 other small warning I got from Visual Studio was in Nop.Web -> webconfig :
<aspNetCore requestTimeout="23:00:00" processPath="%LAUNCHER_PATH%" arguments="%LAUNCHER_ARGS%" forwardWindowsAuthToken="false" stdoutLogEnabled="false" stdoutLogFile=".\logs\stdout" startupTimeLimit="3600" hostingModel="inprocess">

This line originally had hostingModel="InProcess" which gives the following warning :

Warning    The 'hostingModel' attribute is invalid - The value 'InProcess' is invalid according to its datatype 'String' - The Enumeration constraint failed.  Nop.Web  E:\Temp\Nop.4.3.0-Source\Presentation\Nop.Web\web.config  14  

Changing to all lower case clears this up ( fwiw ).
thanks for this update team - speed improvements are very impressive
b. stensrud
4 years ago
I don't want to upload a new version as I've made so many changes to my site and it will all go I guess, can't even remember all of what I did! Also a software guy i use to upload all products from s excel file, well he will charge again to change the programme I guess!
4 years ago
New York wrote:

You can see the links as per the first post in this topic .

However, note that the no_source beta was posted two weeks ago, and there have been some updates and bug fixes since then that can only be had by downloading and compiling the latest source commit.  (They have not re-posted an updated no_source version)

Hi,

I was actually asking for a demo working website with 4.30, I know many of you guys did share a website link of previous version.

Thanks for sharing.
P.S. I'm not a programmer I tried set up a local installation with no sucess :-(
4 years ago
Andy007 wrote:
I don't want to upload a new version as I've made so many changes to my site and it will all go I guess, can't even remember all of what I did! Also a software guy i use to upload all products from s excel file, well he will charge again to change the programme I guess!

Yes, you (or your software guy) would need to migrate your code changes.
Your products should not need to be re-imported, since you can upgrade the database using the upgrade SQL script.  (Although depending on the custom changes you made, the SQL script may also need adjustment.)
4 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
I was actually asking for a demo working website with 4.30, I know many of you guys did share a website link of previous version. ...

I'm not aware of anyone putting up a demo site yet.
4 years ago
Not exactly a demo, more a work in progress but this site is 4.3
http://wchd.brianwatson.eu
A fair bit of work remains before we will be going live but it should offer some insight as to how the public facing side of the site works.
4 years ago
[email protected] wrote:

Please check your personal message. I dropped the link with admin credentials.

You can test there. Let me know if you need any more detail.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.