nopCommerce 4.30 RC is available. Please share your impressions

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 years ago
Congrats team!!
3 years ago
great work!
3 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
Many thanks for the great work. I'm looking forward to getting the site live ASAP.
My initial observation has given an unexpected result.  I replaced the beta code that I had published from VS with the RC 4.30 - No source code instance, copied over images and added the  datasettings.json file, altered file permission to grant iis AppPool then relaunched. All is working but very slow. Could be a caching issue (beta cached but RC not as yet) but I just wondered if anyone can suggest if caching isn't the case what else might be causing the slow down?

I have returned to the Beta version and I can confirm that there is a significant speed difference between that and RC. e.g. In admin, if I select a category my screen is refreshed with the results in a fraction of a second, whereas with the RC the same task is taking upwards of 8 seconds and in some cases as long as 27 seconds!

I have not as yet tried compiling a published version from code, I just jumped right in with the pre configured version. I just wonder if I am alone of if other are experiencing a similar speed reduction.
3 years ago
BTW, this is really good to see that nopCommerce is also moving to standard release cycle management because this is the first time nopCommerce have released a "Release candidate" ahead of it's release other than just BETA.

We are proud to be a part of this community :)

Best Regard's,
Atul
3 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
Many thanks for the great work. I'm looking forward to getting the site live ASAP.
My initial observation has given an unexpected result.  I replaced the beta code that I had published from VS with the RC 4.30 - No source code instance, copied over images and added the  datasettings.json file, altered file permission to grant iis AppPool then relaunched. All is working but very slow. Could be a caching issue (beta cached but RC not as yet) but I just wondered if anyone can suggest if caching isn't the case what else might be causing the slow down?

I have returned to the Beta version and I can confirm that there is a significant speed difference between that and RC. e.g. In admin, if I select a category my screen is refreshed with the results in a fraction of a second, whereas with the RC the same task is taking upwards of 8 seconds and in some cases as long as 27 seconds!

I have not as yet tried compiling a published version from code, I just jumped right in with the pre configured version. I just wonder if I am alone of if other are experiencing a similar speed reduction.

I am having the same experience... The initial Beta was lighting fast not so much a repository I downloaded on 04/28 as well as the RC
3 years ago
I can also confirm the slower performance. Same exact setup, one uses the original 4.3 Beta and one the RC. The latter is slower by about 5 times.
Both are hosted on a VPS, Windows server 2016, IIS 10, SQL server.
The good news is the error I used to get and reported is gone, thank you AM and team.
3 years ago
For clarity, I own my own physical servers all are very high spec and drives are SSD arrays usually 12 disks, 10 active and 2 hot swaps. All are located in a  fast UK data centres. Each rack have a 10gp/s connection allowing me to more or less guarantee 1gb/s per physical server.
This nopCommerce installation is on one of those servers. The physical server is not over subscribed and so the resources allocated are exclusively available to the virtual server on which nopCommerce is running. It has Windows Server 2019, SQL Server 2019, 2 cores and 8 GB ram. Nothing else in on this server.
A test run against Ookla returned a PING: 4 ms,  DOWNLOAD 455.30 Mbps and UPLOAD 289.52 Mbps so it is not a bandwidth issue. CPU usage is negligible so this low performance is not other activity.
I have returned to the Beta version for now because administration in setting up the new site was just too slow under the RC.
I plan to download the RC source code today and publish my own instance from VS to see if that makes a difference. I will update when that has been done.
3 years ago
On a separate matter are there any plugins for 4.3 yet? In particular a payment and a shipping provider would be needed to fully test.
3 years ago
I can´t open the solution, I always get the following error, what is wrong on my end?

...\nopCommerce_4.30_RC_Source\Plugins\Nop.Plugin.Widgets.FacebookPixel\Nop.Plugin.Widgets.FacebookPixel.csproj : error  : The default XML namespace of the project must be the MSBuild XML namespace. If the project is authored in the MSBuild 2003 format, please add xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003" to the <Project> element. If the project has been authored in the old 1.0 or 1.2 format, please convert it to MSBuild 2003 format.  C:\Users\Notandi\Desktop\nopCommerce_4.30_RC_Source\Plugins\Nop.Plugin.Widgets.FacebookPixel\Nop.Plugin.Widgets.FacebookPixel.csproj
3 years ago
Downloaded and now trying the RC source within VS 2019 and it is also noticeably slower than the beta that I've been working with. No errors identified, just slow. I'll run some profiler analysis to see what it throws up.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.