webconfig problem

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Help please

Have uploaded my site but keep getting following error message regarding webconfig file
The configuration section 'connectionStrings' cannot be read because it is missing a section declaration
Connectionstring is as follows declared
<connectionStrings>
    <add name="NopSqlConnection" connectionString="Server="";Database="";Uid="";Password="";Integrated Security=True;Persist Security Info=False;Connect Timeout=120" />
  </connectionStrings>
Any ideas?

Silvia
14 years ago
Hi,

If you add your connection string like this you should not have a problem:

<add name="NopSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source= ;Initial Catalog=  ;User ID=  ;Password=  ;"/>

Mike..
14 years ago
Mike

Tried this too - still same error

Silvia
14 years ago
Hello Silvia,

You should not edit the web config file - leave it without any changes. Just edit ConnectionStrings.config and publish it to the root of the web site. It will work fine - or at least it work for me. I use MS SQL 2005 database.

It will be interesting to know what has happened - please post back your feedback.

Lyubo
14 years ago
Sorry - did this first - all other versions were tried in desperation - my host suggested just to change the web config file for one they know works which of course doesn't solve the problem since all the configurations in mine are needed for the website to work.
Database is SQL 2008 and it worked fine on my own system

Still looking for an answer and starting to tear my hair out - any suggestions would be appreciated

Silvia
14 years ago
Try to download the latest version and install it using installation wizard. You'll get well-formed web.config and connectionStrings.config files
14 years ago
Have tried this but still get following error message at my host

Stack Trace:  System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> Filename: \\?\C:\HostingSpaces\midnight2\midnightdream.biz\wwwroot\web.config
Line number: 69
Error: The configuration section 'connectionStrings' cannot be read because it is missing a section declaration

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
at DotNetPanel.Providers.Web.WebServer.GetSite(String siteId)
at DotNetPanel.EnterpriseServer.WebServerController.GetWebSite(Int32 siteItemId)
at DotNetPanel.EnterpriseServer.esWebServers.GetWebSite(Int32 siteItemId)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
at DotNetPanel.EnterpriseServer.esWebServers.GetWebSite(Int32 siteItemId)
at DotNetPanel.Portal.WebSitesEditSite.BindWebSite()  

I have not changed the webconfig file just entered my database string to connectionstring.config
<connectionStrings>
    <add name="NopSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=;Initial Catalog=midnight_bedding;User Id=;Password=;Integrated Security=True;Persist Security Info=False;Connect Timeout=120" />
</connectionStrings>

No idea where the fault lies since everybody else seems to have no problem at all with this should i change my hosting company??

Silvia
14 years ago
Finally had some time and sorted this problem - my host did not supply machine.config and everything needed to be declared in web.config - should have known this

but now receive this error
404 - File or directory not found.
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Happy Days - if anybody has some ideas please let me know

Silvia
14 years ago
Dear all,

at first, sorry for my bad english!

I replay to silvia because I have the same problem with my hosting provider,

there are many Hosting services that don't allow the overwriting of the default handlers of the Machine.config and nopcommerce do this for many handler.

the last chance is to change the Hosting provider, but if there is any update to make to the web.config file to get it work please let us know!

thank's for any feedback!

Samir.
14 years ago
Hey, anyone knows the solution please post it here, I have exactly the same problem. But i am using nopCommerce recommended host webhost4life. I am assuming this should have no problem at least.

Please, this is urgent.

Thanks,
benyu2000
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.