"UPS Service is currently unavailable" error in checkout

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 years ago
Hello,
This morning I started receiving an error that says "UPS Service is currently unavailable, try again later. The 'br' start tag on line 8 position 21 does not match the end tag of 'H2'. Line 9, position 3." when I reach the shipping method step of the checkout process. I haven't been able to figure out if it's a problem on my end or if UPS is having internal issues. Nobody has been able to place an order for several hours on my website and I'm anxious to get this fixed. Can someone please advise me on what I should look at?

Thank you!
3 years ago
I solved the issue. It seems that UPS changed the request URL and I was using an old one. After I changed it to reflect the change I'm now receiving shipping rates again. Thank you to anyone who took the time to look into this.
3 years ago
@timj999
What version of nopCommerce are you using?  (Later versions don't allow changing the UPS URL in the config)

What did you change the URL to?
3 years ago
Hi New York,
I am using NopCommerce 3.9.
3 years ago
Forgot to answer your next question. I changed the URL to https://onlinetools.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Rate. The only difference between this URL and the last was that the "onlinetools" subdomain was added. Before I just had "www" in its place.
3 years ago
Tim, thank you so much for posting the solution! This happened to our website yesterday and for the life of me I could not figure out what the issue was.  I updated the URL as you posted and we are up and running again
3 years ago
Thanks for posting this solution. I had it happen to me today as well.
3 years ago
Okay, a big thank you for this! This saved me so much trouble at work as when I got back from lunch everything in shipping just looked broken on the shipping options page. I figured out it was the UPS plugin but no idea why it had gone wrong and assumed it was because we where using NopCommerce 3.40. I have since told management we need to upgrade.
3 years ago
No problem guys, I'm happy I was able to help! It really was driving me up the wall for a while but I'm glad I was able to figure it out.
2 years ago
Awesome, thank you. That new URL fixed our same issue!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.