"UPS Service is currently unavailable" error in checkout

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
2 years ago
How is this resolved for nop 4.2 and greater?  There is no setting in config to change the url.  I downloaded the latest ups plugin and still having same issue.  For 4.2 does this require modiying the code for Nop.Plugin.Shipping.UPS.dll and recompiling ?  thanks for any help
2 years ago
"UPS Service is currently unavailable" could be temporary.  Are you still having the problem?
2 years ago
New York wrote:
"UPS Service is currently unavailable" could be temporary.  Are you still having the problem?

Thanks for your response...
This started about 4 days ago.  Error is:
Error while getting UPS rates One or more errors occurred. (Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel with authority 'onlinetools.ups.com'.)

Pretty sure this is related them taking down that url.  We didn't know they were retiring the url until we started researching this today.
2 years ago
https://www.nopcommerce.com/en/boards/topic/43226/ups-shipping-plugin-error-the-request-was-aborted-could-not-create-ssltls-secure-channel-ncver37/page/2#289482
2 years ago
That took care of it, thank you so much for the link!  However, to note for anyone else having this issue - I tried using IISCrypto to modify the ciphers (adding the new required ones) and prioritized them.  However this did not work for some reason (server 2012 R2) after rebooting.  I had to add the new ciphers to the registry manually.  I didn't have to prioritize them however, just adding the new ciphers fixed the issue after reboot for me.  Specifically I just added the following new ciphers named in that link (had to add the needed suffixes _Pxxx, etc) to the registry key at:  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Cryptography\Configuration\Local\SSL\00010002

TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384_P384
TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384_P256
TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256_P384
TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256_P256

Thanks again
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.