ASP POOL RECYCLING PROBLEM. PAINFUL & SLOW LOADINGS.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Most likely it's your database causing slow issues from what you've described. Try throwing more hardware at your MSSQL server or use this:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms187929.aspx

Get a profile on your most expensive queries and see if you can do some optimization like doing some indexing to try and get a decent speed increase.
13 years ago
UbikoDesigns wrote:
Sorry for the late reply, yes i tried with and without debug mode. It's still doing the same thing.

20sec loading pages is definately NOT acceptable... =/

I had to laugh at the dude who thinks 20seconds for one page is fine.

Do you have lots of products? I found nop commerce fine for small sites but more than a few thousand items and it ground to a halt (I ended up using a paid solution that ran like a rocket)
13 years ago
windupstudios wrote:
Most likely it's your database causing slow issues from what you've described. Try throwing more hardware at your MSSQL server or use this:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms187929.aspx

Get a profile on your most expensive queries and see if you can do some optimization like doing some indexing to try and get a decent speed increase.

That could be it! I believe the original pictures i uploaded were MASSIVE like 1-3megabytes! Are they directly stored in the SQL server? I saw that the pictures were stored on the web server with the NopCommerce install, so i replaced those thinking thats where they were stored but if they actually are in the SQL server that would explain it.... if so..how do I replace them with lower size/quality pictures?

Sandman wrote:
Sorry for the late reply, yes i tried with and without debug mode. It's still doing the same thing.

20sec loading pages is definately NOT acceptable... =/

I had to laugh at the dude who thinks 20seconds for one page is fine.

Do you have lots of products? I found nop commerce fine for small sites but more than a few thousand items and it ground to a halt (I ended up using a paid solution that ran like a rocket)

I don't have a lot of products, about 40...

Thanks for any assistance you guys! It is greatly appreciated!
13 years ago
How do I change pictures that are stored in the SQL database?
12 years ago
bump, i changed the files being hosted in the database to the server. Still loading slowly. : (
12 years ago
I am also on Arvixe www.lanoscomputers.com facing same issue, and every the Arvixe support team restart the SQL server issue resolves for me, I am behind them to fix this issue once for all, but they are adament in saying its something wrong with the code and their system are all set and running fine, day before my site went down 4 times and SQL server restart fix the issue, I guess Arivxe surely has some issues with thier server or does Nop? I am confused at the moment, they are suggesting me to go for business class package which is about $40 a month, thinking what to do..
12 years ago
Please run nop on a local server and then you know for sure what is causing this.
12 years ago
i have the replica of my live site on local server DB is also local, that work just fine, with no issues.
12 years ago
Well I think the solution is clear then. If they can't find a solution, move to another provider..
12 years ago
Yes! thats what i am thinking now, also do you think their business pro plan would be better, or should i actully change the provider it self?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.