nopCommerce v2.00 BETA released

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Fantastic! I'd be happy to help ... I've downloaded nopCommerce 2 beta and hosting it in my development Windows 2008 Server. Where is the best place to post problems that I encounter?

Thanks,
Mario
12 years ago
MarioRosario wrote:
Where is the best place to post problems that I encounter?

It all depends on your questions. Our forum names are self-describing.
12 years ago
As suggested by Andrei, I post my concerns about nopCommerce 2.0 here

Two of my major problems are:

1. Inability to have language-specific URL's. In other words - I want to be able to switch the content language and have all links reflect that for SEO purposes as well as to be able to send a language-specific link to someone.

2. Fix (product, category, manufacturer, etc.) names set in other languages. Right now if you create a product with name in other language than english, you will only see characters that are latin. In other words if you type a product name in let's say Russian "мой продукт 1", then URL for your product will display something like "--1", as you can see here all non latin characters are stripped out - this is a bug!

3. Site maps should also be language-specific (see item 1 above), otherwise you're disabling SEO indexing for non-english content.

These so far are the biggest draw-backs in my list and I hope you guys take care of them. Besides that, you guys rock!!! The product is very good and does everything a developer could dream of - keep up the good work, and if you need hints on how to handle above issues, let me know since i already solved those in 1.9 (painfully though) :)
12 years ago
wxDevelopment wrote:
You must run .bat to get it work without errors.

This worked.  Thanks!
12 years ago
mb wrote:

The forums section is working in the beta. It is enabled via Administration > Configuration > Settings > Forum Settings > check "Forums enabled" > Save. When enabled, links to the forum are displayed in the header menu and information section on the side.

If you have # as a "Forums" link and are missing the boards route, you may be using a pre-beta release. Can you confirm if you are using the beta release?

The forums header menu link is located in the view: Presentation\Nop.Web\Views\Common\Menu.cshtml and the link is displayed by the following code:
@if (Model.ForumEnabled)
{
    <li><a href="@Url.RouteUrl("Boards")">@T("Forum.Forums")</a></li>
}
Can you verify if this is in your view?

Initially I was using TortoiseHg to retrieve updates as described in this thread:
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/10131/first-time-downloadinginstalling-20-into-vs-2010.aspx

However, I downloaded the beta and once I ran the .bat file, everything was working as expected, as suggested in an earlier post in this thread.

Question:  Can we still use TortoiseHg to retrieve the latest post-beta updates?  If not, how do we integrate them?

Thanks again...
12 years ago
SWW wrote:
Can we still use TortoiseHg to retrieve the latest post-beta updates?  If not, how do we integrate them?

Sure. Merge support in Mercurial is just great. You can start a new project based on nopCommerce 2.00 BETA and periodically pull and merge changes from Codeplex.
12 years ago
will support for button payment types be part of the final release.

I know that i will have to make the payment plugin but as I can see it there are a few things missing.

form OrderSummary.cshtml

@*TODO Payment method buttons (e.g. GoogleCheckoutButton, Paypal Express)*@

Thanks,
Beth
12 years ago
Hello Dear Fireds,
I have a problem.
This nopCommerce v2.00 BETA installation process in the error.

•Setup failed: System.Exception: Database does not exist or you don't have permissions to connect to it at Nop.Web.Controllers.InstallController.Index(InstallModel model) in C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\src\Presentation\Nop.Web\Controllers\InstallController.cs:line 346

Waiting for your help.
Thanks,

Mustafa PAT
[email protected]
12 years ago
mustafapat wrote:
Hello Dear Fireds,
I have a problem.
This nopCommerce v2.00 BETA installation process in the error.

•Setup failed: System.Exception: Database does not exist or you don't have permissions to connect to it at Nop.Web.Controllers.InstallController.Index(InstallModel model) in C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\src\Presentation\Nop.Web\Controllers\InstallController.cs:line 346

Waiting for your help.
Thanks,

Mustafa PAT
[email protected]

You must create the database first in your SQL Server Management Studio, I believe, or use an existing one.
12 years ago
Do someone have the problem described in the following post?

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/10613/mvc-20-upload-product-picture-issue.aspx
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.