nopCommerce v2.00 BETA released

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi Andrey,

We would like to report a small bug in Nop 2.0 Beta.
In all Popup windows the code for calling the refresh button in the parent window is like this:

window.opener.document.forms[0].@(ViewBag.btnId).click();

This is a bit of a problem when you have more than one form in the parent.
There are cases when the parent document has two forms, which is actually the case when you have more than one language and you have the language selector form in place. The code above always looks for the specified button in the first form, which in our case is the language selector form.

One easy fix for this is to set an id for the parent form, which contains the refresh button and later use this id to find it.

If you want to set just an id to a form you can do it like this:

@using (Html.BeginForm(null,null,FormMethod.Post,new { id = "yourFormId" })) { ... }

Then the code in the Popup window is:

window.opener.document.forms['yourFormId'].@(ViewBag.btnId).click();

Hope this helps!
12 years ago
objecta wrote:
Can we reuse the Danish translation from V. 1.90 in V.2.0?

No. Almost all resource names are changed
12 years ago
7Spikes wrote:
In all Popup windows the code for calling the refresh button in the parent window is like this:

window.opener.document.forms[0].@(ViewBag.btnId).click();

This is a bit of a problem when you have more than one form in the parent.

Thanks! It'll be fixed
12 years ago
Good work NopCommerce team!

Just when you get used to something, it changes... :)

Downloaded it, created an empty db, pressed F5 and away we went.

It all looks the same in the presentation layer, which is good. There are a few small changes that I can see in the admin section, but it looks nice and neat.

It does seem a little faster too, which is always a good thing.

I like the modularisation/plug in stuff.

I'm sure there will be a few adjustments to make, but so far, so good.
12 years ago
HI,

Guys anybody faced problems with the Email configuration in NOP 2. When i gave the same configuration in the Admin (http://domain.com/Admin/EmailAccount/Edit/1)  AS IN  NOP 1.9 . I am facing error , i am not able to get a test mail.

Note : I used gmail SMTP settings

Please help

THANKS
SHIVA
12 years ago
shivakanthb wrote:
Guys anybody faced problems with the Email configuration in NOP 2. ...

These are gmail settings I use
Email address  [email protected]
Email display name:  DisplayName
Host:    smtp.gmail.com
Port:    587
User:    [email protected]
Password:    <password>
SSL:    <checked>
Use default credentials:<NOT checked>

Be sure you SAVE your changes before you click the Send Test Email button.

If still having a problem, go to Admin/System/Log, click on View for the error, and post the message

e.g. this is what I see when the email config is not correct

System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Failure sending mail. ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 74.125.65.109:58 at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress) at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)

The only issue I had with email, is that after you make the changes to the primary account (used for outbound email), I had to restart the app before they changes took effect for the option to 'Email a Friend' on the product detail page.
12 years ago
@ New York

Email configuration Worked , THANKS A TON
12 years ago
Facebook OpenGraph needs implemented into each product page. Many other carts already offer this feature for liking individual products.

Thanks!
12 years ago
I have installed NOP 2.0 beta .I want to increase the speed of my speed. Is caching enabled by default  ( i have searched the entire admin console for it but failed ) if yes What else can i do to increase the speed of my site in Nop 2.0 beta.

Thanks in advance
12 years ago
I recently downloaded the version 1.90 and have the bare bones working online. I have not imported or created any products. I have only been studying it to see how it works and making my plan. While doing that, I found that it does not support "Drop Shipping from multible venders" which is a must in my business for calculating correct shipping cost.

Since you informed me that version 2.00 does support that and is much better, what do you recommend I do now?

1: Continue working with version 1.90 and upgrade later.

2: Since I just began, start working with version 2.00 now so I dont have to back-track.

Your advise is greatly appreciated.

TC
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.