How to properly upgrade from 1.9 to 2.0

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I've downloaded the upgrade script and read through the read me but for some reason I can't comprehend how to do the upgrade.  I don't know if it's just early or something else but I just don't get step 2.

Do I need to download nop 2.0 also?  If so I've downloaded the 2.0 with source code but can't remember how to install it on top of 1.9.  Also when I run the prepare file I get a bunch of warnings and errors, could it be that I'm not hosting the site in the typical wwwroot directory?

I'm just really stuck at step 2.
12 years ago
this video helped me: https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/10575/how-to-publish-v20-video.aspx

also check: https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/10923/nop-20-installation.aspx

I also found that the prepare and deploy batch files can't be run if project is stored in a remote location on your network (i.e redirected folders on SBS 2008)... for what its worth
12 years ago
Trying to follow the video you linked me to but when I open up the solution in Visual Studio 2010 Professional I get the following error.

\\vpfile01\profiles\***\Desktop\Temp\nopCommerce 2.0\Presentation\Nop.Web\Nop.Web.csproj : error  : The project file '\\vpfile01\profiles\***\Desktop\Temp\nopCommerce 2.0\Presentation\Nop.Web\Nop.Web.csproj' cannot be opened.

The project type is not supported by this installation.

\\vpfile01\profiles\***\Desktop\Temp\nopCommerce 2.0\Presentation\Nop.Web\Administration\Nop.Admin.csproj : error  : The project file '\\vpfile01\profiles\****\Desktop\Temp\nopCommerce 2.0\Presentation\Nop.Web\Administration\Nop.Admin.csproj' cannot be opened.

The project type is not supported by this installation.
12 years ago
You have to make sure you install the mvc 3.5 extentions for visual
12 years ago
thrifty34 wrote:
You have to make sure you install the mvc 3.5 extentions for visual

Thanks that solved that problem now I'm having issues during the prepare.bat is ran, i get tons of warnings / errors / failed

Could it be that the website is actually on another drive and not the C:\wwwroot?
12 years ago
Before running build.bat make sure you build the project in VS
12 years ago
pcmdplus wrote:
Before running build.bat make sure you build the project in VS

Yeah, did that and I'm still getting 45 warnings and 3 errors.
12 years ago
you have to change one of your registry keys on the machine.  Mine was I think Platform:  HPM which is Hewlett Packard Machine. Change it to blank

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\control\Session Manager\Enviroment
12 years ago
thrifty34 wrote:
you have to change one of your registry keys on the machine.  Mine was I think Platform:  HPM which is Hewlett Packard Machine. Change it to blank

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\control\Session Manager\Enviroment

What  value do you change to blank?  If you referring to (default) it's not set.
12 years ago
It should say in the log.  Mine said HPM.  I can't remember what but I think it was device platform, and I erased the value and restarted windows.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.