How to properly upgrade from 1.9 to 2.0

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
That is a good video but it seems it is only for new installations not upgrades. It shows no SQL upgrade being run and it show no files on the original folder needing to be deleted.
12 years ago
Nopcommerce 1.9 is the first version I've ever used and never upgraded before. I'm trying to upgrade to 2.0 and running into difficulties.
upgrade instruction, step 2: install nopCommerce 2.0 to your existing database (1.90). Does this mean I have to upload all 2.0 files to the same server where all my files of 1.9 are now??? Should I delete all my 1.9 files from the server first??? Please explain, thank you in advance!!!
12 years ago
I'm trying to upgrade 1.9 to 2.0,When I execute the upgrade script, I got an error message from godaddy: Invalid object name 'Customer'.
please help, thank you
Toan
12 years ago
toanhnt wrote:
I'm trying to upgrade 1.9 to 2.0,When I execute the upgrade script, I got an error message from godaddy: Invalid object name 'Customer'.
please help, thank you
Toan

I'm having that same exact issue. Does anyone have a solution for this problem?
12 years ago
What steps did you guys follow for upgrade?
I created another DB where I restored the backup from the original 1.9 database.
I created and approot in IIS and that went fine.

I dont see the batch files to un even locally.
So Do I copy the 2.0 files into the newly created directory, then run the upgrade script on the DB that is copied from my original DB?

Also, how did you connect to the database to run the script? I had to create the DB allowing remote access, (option in godaddy.)

Also, what happens to content, where is it stored?
12 years ago
just for clarificateion, I created a new app root in IIS server.
12 years ago
nopgabriel wrote:
What steps did you guys follow for upgrade?
I created another DB where I restored the backup from the original 1.9 database.
I created and approot in IIS and that went fine.

I dont see the batch files to un even locally.
So Do I copy the 2.0 files into the newly created directory, then run the upgrade script on the DB that is copied from my original DB?

Also, how did you connect to the database to run the script? I had to create the DB allowing remote access, (option in godaddy.)

Also, what happens to content, where is it stored?

I used Ftp to upload all 2.0 files (no source) on the same web server where all my 1.9 files are. then I used query analyzer tool to upload the upgrade script, then I hit execute.  I got an error message from godaddy "Invalid object name 'Customer"
please help, I'd appreciate it
12 years ago
This is my latest video for the 1.9 upgrade to 2.0 hope it will be helpful.
12 years ago
toanhnt wrote:

I got an error message from godaddy "Invalid object name 'Customer"
please help, I'd appreciate it

I'm having this same exact issue. Does no one have a solution for this?
12 years ago
In going from 1.9 to 2.0, what I udnerstand is you have to first run the app from the admin, then finish, close it, then run the script. I went through that error 10 times.

I did finally upgrade, however, I wasn't satisfied to what it brought over. SO i copied all my pages in html code, then exported the 2.1(since if I was going to go new, I was going for the latest install version) excel document.
Exported the 1.9, then pasted the 1.9 into the 2.1 excel sheet, noticed there are three more fields that need populating in 2.1 and added the arbitrary data to get the import working, plus I also used the last part as the path, to point over the location to the product image.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.