How to install nopCommerce v2.0 on Arvixe?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
cboy wrote:
I followed the steps in the video, except I used filezilla to upload the files to my ftp. I recieved this error after I clicked install: Setup failed: System.Exception: Database does not exist or you don't have permissions to connect to it

The error is self-describing. Create the database first.
12 years ago
a.m. wrote:
I followed the steps in the video, except I used filezilla to upload the files to my ftp. I recieved this error after I clicked install: Setup failed: System.Exception: Database does not exist or you don't have permissions to connect to it
The error is self-describing. Create the database first.

I did create the db and the user first on Arvixe.  I do not understand why it refers to my local drive when I am trying to install on a remote server.

Setup failed: System.Exception: Database does not exist or you don't have permissions to connect to it at Nop.Web.Controllers.InstallController.Index(InstallModel model) in D:\My Web Site\nop200X1\Presentation\Nop.Web\Controllers\InstallController.cs:line 345
12 years ago
Just a wild guess, but if you ran/installed the published copy on your desktop  (e.g. thru WebMatrix) prior to uploading it to arvixe, then you have a Settings.txt file in your AppData folder that has the db config.  Delete the Settings.txt file, and it will re-run the Install.

(I installed nop on arvixe today.  It was not without much difficulty though; mostly because I cannot successfully use the Deploy.bat and must create the deploy folder manually)
12 years ago
New York wrote:
Just a wild guess, but if you ran/installed the published copy on your desktop  (e.g. thru WebMatrix) prior to uploading it to arvixe, then you have a Settings.txt file in your AppData folder that has the db config.  Delete the Settings.txt file, and it will re-run the Install.

(I installed nop on arvixe today.  It was not without much difficulty though; mostly because I cannot successfully use the Deploy.bat and must create the deploy folder manually)

How did you do that?  I could not get my Visual Studio to publish and I can only see the web.admin folder in Visual Studio.

I used Filezilla to put the files from the deploy folder.  I did find a Settings.txt file but have not been able to try it yet because I am having an issue with the sub-domain I put it in.  Arvixe is working on it.
12 years ago
cboy wrote:
...I could not get my Visual Studio to publish and I can only see the web.admin folder in Visual Studio.

I used Filezilla to put the files from the deploy folder.  I did find a Settings.txt file but have not been able to try it yet because I am having an issue with the sub-domain I put it in.  Arvixe is working on it.

If you see a Settings.txt, then that is probably cause of your DB error.

(funny, I also had a problem setting up a 2nd sub-domain, that they needed to "reset")

re: "...can only see the web.admin folder in Visual Studio"
I don't know what you mean.  In the Solution Explorer?

I used VS to publish to a local folder. But several additional manual steps are required.  In VS, first I went to Build/Configuration Manager, and selected Release/Any CPU.  Then Build.  Then you need to VS publish both the Nop.Web and the Nop.Admin (Admin should be published to an "Administration" subfolder of the folder you published Web to).  Then in the published sub folder copy files from the \Administration\bin into the root bin (OK to skip if exists - most will).   Additionally I had to manually copy the PlugIns folder.  This is where it got ugly.  The Deploying.Readme.txt file in \src says
  2. Ensure that plugins are copied into \Published\Web\Plugins\ directory
But, it does not say from where!
At the time, I just decided to copy them from the "NoSource" version I'd previously downloaded (root PlugIns folder), because I knew the NoSource version ran OK.  You will note that the plugin sub folder names under the NoSource root \PlugIns folder are NOT the same as the folder names in the \src\Plugins folder, the latter being prefixed with "Nop.Plugin.".  (Now I see that these non-prefixed folder names are also in ..\src\Presentation\Nop.Web\Plugins, but I'm not sure how they would get there - I think I'd also run the Deploy.bat which fails for me, so maybe from that??? - I'll have to try from scratch to see)

Good luck!
12 years ago
Hello Chad.

That error suggest you got your database information wrong.

Make sure you have the correct (full) database name, and correct (full) sql server name, and of course correct credentials, it should be fine.

PS. I have a feeling this will be a common occurrence here. When I get home from work today, I will create a 720p HD video on how to install nopCommerce 2.0.
12 years ago
Ciwan wrote:
Hello Chad.

That error suggest you got your database information wrong.

Make sure you have the correct (full) database name, and correct (full) sql server name, and of course correct credentials, it should be fine.

PS. I have a feeling this will be a common occurrence here. When I get home from work today, I will create a 720p HD video on how to install nopCommerce 2.0.

Thanks,
Chad
12 years ago
did you ever try to install as I show in my video?
12 years ago
Hi Chad

Are you planning on installing this in a sub-domain ? if not, all them steps about sub-domains don't apply to you !
12 years ago
wxDevelopment wrote:
did you ever try to install as I show in my video?

Well... I did everything you did except I used FileZilla instead of Web Matrix.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.