How to install nopCommerce v2.0 on Arvixe?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Ciwan wrote:
Hi Chad

Are you planning on installing this in a sub-domain ? if not, all them steps about sub-domains don't apply to you !

Yes, I am installing on a sub-domain.  What steps about sub-domains do you mean?

Chad
12 years ago
OK, I tried installing on a Top-Level Domain and recieved this error:

•Setup failed: System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains more than one element at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source) at System.Data.Objects.ELinq.ObjectQueryProvider.<GetElementFunction>b__3[TResult](IEnumerable`1 sequence) at System.Data.Objects.ELinq.ObjectQueryProvider.ExecuteSingle[TResult](IEnumerable`1 query, Expression queryRoot) at System.Data.Objects.ELinq.ObjectQueryProvider.System.Linq.IQueryProvider.Execute[S](Expression expression) at System.Data.Entity.Internal.Linq.DbQueryProvider.Execute[TResult](Expression expression) at System.Linq.Queryable.Single[TSource](IQueryable`1 source) at Nop.Services.Installation.InstallationService.InstallSettings() in D:\My Web Site\nop2x1\Libraries\Nop.Services\Installation\InstallationService.cs:line 4497 at Nop.Services.Installation.InstallationService.InstallData(String defaultUserEmail, String defaultUserPassword, Boolean installSampleData) in D:\My Web Site\nop2x1\Libraries\Nop.Services\Installation\InstallationService.cs:line 9057 at Nop.Web.Controllers.InstallController.Index(InstallModel model) in D:\My Web Site\nop2x1\Presentation\Nop.Web\Controllers\InstallController.cs:line 378

Chad
12 years ago
cboy wrote:

Just use webMatrix and deploy your website.
12 years ago
Well, I went to use web Matrix for the first time and I recieved a "connected sucessfully" but the save button does not do anything.  Aaaaha, figuerd out I was missing the fwd slashes in the destination url ... but now I have another issue with publish compatibility.  It tells me that I do not have the correct asp.net version.  I checked my extensions and found that I am set for asp.net 4.0 integrated pipeline ... Is that correct?

Chad
12 years ago
cboy wrote:
Well, I went to use web Matrix for the first time and I recieved a "connected sucessfully" but the save button does not do anything.  So I am kind of stuck.  Any ideas?

Chad

Are you trying to deploy a "NoSource" version, or something you've modified?  May I suggest that you first try using Web Matrix to publish the NoSource, just to see how it works.  

Before you publish, be sure to login to Arvixe control panel and
1) Create a Database
2) Create a DB User
3) If you have SSMS, you can verify the DB by connecting to it.

4) If you want to use a sub domain, create it (click Domains on left Nav, etc)

I used Web Matrix "Web Deploy" protocol (rather than FTP).  For this you need to enable Remote Management on the web site in the Arvixe control panel
5) click on Web Sites in the left nav
6) click on the Web Site you want to use
7) click on the Management tab
8) type in username, pwd, and click Enable  (you will need this username/pwd below in Web Matrix)

nopCommerce requires ASP.NET 4.0
9) click on the Extensions Tab
10) check ASP: Enabled
11) choose ASP.NET: 4.0 Integrated Pipeline

12) click Update button

Finally, Download and extract the NoSource version of nopCommerce (it's a .rar file - I used 7-Zip to extract).  Right click the extracted folder and choose "Open as a Web Site with Microsoft Web Matrix".  Click Publish button, and  the enter the server name (mine was "clove.arvixe.com" - You should see yours on the web site properties in the control panel, or it was in the email they sent you when you first signed up), and the username/pwd you created above for remote management, the site name (e.g. sub-domain.domain.com),  and the destination url (e.g. http://sub-domain.domain.com).

Web Matrix will initially go through some tests.  Accept the prompts.

Nop will go through it's normal first time install.  Use "localhost" as the database server name.  Put in DB name, user, pwd used as per step 1+2 above

Don't try to RUN a published site in Web Matrix locally, or try to publish a site already run locally;  The \AppData settings.txt file will get used, or get created - i.e. depending on where you run it will use the db config already in it which may not be the db you expect.
(If you really want to run locally too, then save the settings.txt completely outside of the web folder, and manually swap it when needed, otherwise when you publish it will try to synch the files)
12 years ago
cboy wrote:

•Setup failed: System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains more than one element at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single...

Find more info here
12 years ago
Hello,

It's worth learning this, but if you want help, I'll be happy to install it for you. :)
Just PM me your Arvixe username.

Thanks!
12 years ago
Thank you Arvixe dude, but Andrei helped me out with his link.

Chad
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.