Nop 2.0 order of steps in checkout

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
fkierzek wrote:
However IPN return address can be set in PayPal or dynamically from nop code...

Thanks for suggestion. Just added this option to official release.
12 years ago
And here we go. Please see changeset f995045e7a31

P.S. Filip, thanks again.
12 years ago
Glad to be of assistance :-)

Filip

PS. I am still on Nop 2.0 .. the thought of merging my modifications with 2.1 is still a bit overwhelming ..
12 years ago
Thanks for your suggestion Fil
...I definitely can use some of them now.

Andrei,
Do you have a date for the v2.20 expected release ?

And while here, on the features for 2.20, I noticed a "One Page Checkout".
Just to confirm, does that mean that we won't have 4-5 steps ...like we have now?

Thanks
Filippo
12 years ago
SDSharp wrote:
Do you have a date for the v2.20 expected release ?

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/12031/nopcommerce-22.aspx

SDSharp wrote:
And while here, on the features for 2.20, I noticed a "One Page Checkout".
Just to confirm, does that mean that we won't have 4-5 steps ...like we have now?

Right. Just get the latest version (dev) here and play with it
12 years ago
It's crazy I just realized I started with v1.80 and then v1.90, v.2.0 and now 2.1 and I am still NOT live yet.
But I'm finally so close now (apart from that PayPal issue that should not send emails before it gets a payment processed and that should give me a way to post-process a payment).

Quick Question:
============
After the PayPal payment happens, will I have somewhere a place to check its return status and put some code for Post-PayPal-Payment ...??

In my case, I need to connect (via one plugin I just wrote) to the Warehouse's Web Services so that i can automatically enter an order on their system.

Will there be a place on the 2.20 for that?

Filippo
12 years ago
Open \src\Plugins\Nop.Plugin.Payments.PayPalStandard\PayPalStandardPaymentProcessor.cs file and have a look at VerifyIPN() method.
12 years ago
Quick Question:
============
On your initial answer of this thread, you stated:
"After a user is redirected he does not get a confirmation email (it's an 'order placed' email). Confirmation email will be sent after order is paid and completed. BTW, you can disable 'order placed' email in admin area. In this case, customers will not get any 'order placed' emails until order is completed".

As per your reply, I think i understand that normally there are 2 emails sent (one for "Order Placed" before the PayPal payment, one for "Order Completed" after the Paypal payment.)

Is the latest based on the return status of PayPal ...meaning that if the status is "failed" ..it will not send that email and will not update the DB? Will it tell me about the error? will it tell the user?

And who sets "Completed" ...is from the admin area? or based on the return status of PayPal? ...or ... ?

Last Quick Question:
================
Finally I cannot find that "order placed" disabling capability in the admin area.

OK OK,
No more questions i promised.

Tomorrow i'll play with your latest version and that one page checkout :-))

Thanks,
Filippo
12 years ago
SDSharp wrote:
Is the latest based on the return status of PayPal ...meaning that if the status is "failed" ..it will not send that email and will not update the DB? Will it tell me about the error? will it tell the user?

And who sets "Completed" ...is from the admin area? or based on the return status of PayPal? ...or ... ?

As I know PayPal notification service doesn't send 'failed' message. So nothing will be updated and no message will be sent.
nopCommerce sets 'Completed' order status when shipping or payment status is changed (based on PayPal return codes). Have a look at OrderProcessingService.CheckOrderStatus() method

SDSharp wrote:
Finally I cannot find that "order placed" disabling capability in the admin area.

Go to admin area > content management > message templates > 'OrderPlaced.CustomerNotification' details page. Untick 'Is active'. Save the template.
12 years ago
Has the Shopping cart clearing, post payment email confirmation and post payment order creation been fixed on nopCommerce 2.5???

I'm on nopCommerce 2.5 and it appears this issue still exists.  Why has it taken so long for such fundamental changes to be implemented and released?

Logically speaking no order, stock quantity of products or shopping cart should change during redirection to Paypal Standard Payment method unless the payment is successful and is returned back to the web site.

Will this major flaw be resolved in the next release or is there a easy workaround or something I'm missing in my Configuration for version 2.5?

I am eagerly waiting for a reply because this major issue has been going on for a very long time now and we all need a solution to this otherwise this product is proven to be unusable for scenarios such as Paypal Standard redirection.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.