Nop 2.0 order of steps in checkout

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi,

I haven't used 2.5 but I did create the following solution for the problem in 1.9 - I realise it may be hugely different.

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/6365/order-processing-back-to-front.aspx?p=3#69873

Thanks
12 years ago
I don't personally fancy the demanding tone of vzhaoit message, but tone apart he does raise a rather good point.

PayPal is very popular, PayPal Standard is very often used in NopCommerce and speaking from the point of view of someone who ran NopCommerce using both Express and Standard plugins I can definitely say that for many (most?) scenarios the pay-first-place-order-if-payment-ok is much much better solution than the place-order-than-try-to-pay solution. Of course since some users will want to stick to the current paradigm, the plugin needs to ask user which of the methods they want to apply.

It shouldn't be much work to get this done, 80% work is trying to understand the code which is fairly un-obvious there so it would be quite beneficial to the community if someone with good understanding of the code there could pull it off and maybe publish it so that Andrei can put it back into the repository.

Thanks!

Filip

PS. I've added this to issue tracker. Please vote here.
12 years ago
fkierzek wrote:
I've added this to issue tracker. Please vote here.

Thanks, Filip. If you don't mind I've just modified the work item (a bit).
12 years ago
Of course I don't mind :-)

Honestly I would pull this off myself but last time I just couldn't quite figure out how to do this ..

Filip

P.S. I think the alternative way to get the same effect are the two different PayPal.Express plugins available. Unfortunately they both support 2.4 at the moment and I ran into problems upping the one from Nicolas Muniere. IMHO the plugin should be make it back into the core nop release as (weather we like it or not) PayPal is one of the biggest (the biggest?) payment processor out there and good support for it is paramount to NopCommerces world domination ..
11 years ago
if the option selected is "pay first place order if payment ok" then there is no need to 'confirm' (last step in the checkout process).

Logically, buyers confirm to place an order when they enter their payment details.

I have added this comment to codeplex in case it gets done.
11 years ago
You're right. I've seen this a lot with the old PayPal.Express plugin which redirected people back to store to press the confirm button. I've seen customer calling me asking why they didn't get their order and all I could say is "you didn't really place it".

Hence the place-first-pay-after is actually safer/better. Except it needs a BIG, EASY TO SEE way for customer to restart the payment. I've hacked this together for the very purpose:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/15rd4dzqguebzfl/nopcommerce-payment-retry.PNG

Filip

PS. It is possible to retry the payment from the order details page, but it's not too easy to notice.
9 years ago
Has anyone come up with a solution for this yet?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.