nopCommerce v2.20 released

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
yonnex wrote:
Hi, i would like to upgrade the design of this website and do you know somebody can help me !!!

[email protected]

thanks

check here: https://www.nopcommerce.com/solutionpartners.aspx
12 years ago
Congratulations! Excellent work as always!

PERFORMANCE IS ALWAYS A GOOD FEATURE TO TWEAK!!!

:)
12 years ago
Are the common customer fields (i.e. FirstName, LastName, StreetAddress, City, State, Zip, Country, Phone, and Fax)  moved to the Nop_Customer table in 2.X versions? I propose storing the common customer fields in the Nop_Customer table and custom fields (i.e. Favorite Quote, Hobbies, and things like this) in the Nop_Customer_Attribute table. I believe it would simplify querying and improve performance a bit.
12 years ago
breakskater wrote:
Are the common customer fields (i.e. FirstName, LastName, StreetAddress, City, State, Zip, Country, Phone, and Fax)  moved to the Nop_Customer table in 2.X

They are stored into [CustomerAttribute] table
12 years ago
a.m. wrote:
They are stored into [CustomerAttribute] table

Correct. I propose to move common fields such as FirstName and Lastname out of the CustomerAttribute table and into the Customer table. It would prevent joins and reduce the number of rows and database size.
12 years ago
Also, what about Facebook integration? Other stores like BigCommerce.com provide Facebook integration. Some of my competitors are already taking advantage of this feature.
12 years ago
breakskater wrote:
Also, what about Facebook integration? Other stores like BigCommerce.com provide Facebook integration. Some of my competitors are already taking advantage of this feature.

nopCommerce already has Facebook integration (authentication)
12 years ago
Italian Language ?
12 years ago
totti240282 wrote:
Italian Language ?

https://www.nopcommerce.com/p/237/italian-language-pack.aspx
12 years ago
breakskater wrote:
nopCommerce already has Facebook integration (authentication)

Sorry Andrei. I meant to say Facebook Shopping Cart Integration. BigCommerce.com allows store owners to sell items on Facebook.

"SocialShop 2 lets you offer fans a complete browsing and buying experience, including search, checkout and product comparisons — without leaving Facebook. They can also write reviews, manage orders, redeem gift certificates and more. SocialShop 2 is free on all plans."

The key phrase in the paragraph is "without leaving Facebook." This is why GameStop and other major retailers are creating proprietary carts on Facebook.

I feel that if nopCommerce store owners will be missing out on sales if this isn't implmented. My competitors are already selling their products on facebook, and that is a market that nopCommerce should tap into as well. Features like this should be considered an integral part of the nopCommerce platform. I believe allowing store owners to sell on price comparison and other shopping networks like Google Base, eBay, Amazon, etc would attract many people to adopt nopCommerce. Just having a store isn't enough these days. Visibility is important, and users don't want to leave facebook because people are inherently lazy, and most people don't go to page 2 of search engines. That's why it's imperative to be listed on Google Base (thanks for implementing this btw) and other shopping services.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.